Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   80% off Joann's Coupon! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/80%25-off-joanns-coupon-t59192.html)

crafter005 08-13-2010 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pamela Artman
I'd buy a bolt of my favorite fabric! or more.... it covers 1 cut of fabric so you could ask for 50 yards!

I agree. Carefully read the coupon. As a general rule, they have the same restrictions all the time...exclusions:

all patterns, irons, AccuQuilt Go!, Provo Craft electronic machines & Cricuit catridges, sewing machines and sewing machine department mercandise, all American Greeting products.

That being said, I would use it to treat yourself. Examples would be:

I would buying some more expensive material than you would normally buy and buy as much as you can afford or what is on one bolt. If you take two bolts of the same fabric, my experience has been that that constitutes 2 items and therefore you could only use your coupon on 1 item or

I would buy a material that you tend to use quite often. For example, light colored tone on tone, backing material, a solid colored material that would be incorporated repeatedly in your quilts such as white, black, blue, etc.

Whatever you use it for, I would try to get as much bang for my buck. Congrats on your 80% off coupon, mine was 50%

SassySewer53 08-13-2010 09:20 PM

How about Muslin or designer quilt fabrics? 2nd choice> Warm and Natural batting by the bolt.

Judie 08-13-2010 09:28 PM

All I got was a 40%.. that's okay.. I'm glad to know they really do actually have at least one 80% out there.. I sort of figured they just said they did.... not nice of me to think that way.. I'm mending my ways, I'll think better of them now.

tooMuchFabric 08-13-2010 09:49 PM

My flyer says 70% off.
I need a new cutting table, mine is the old style with 2 swing-out legs and missing one foot, and the one they have now is 4 swing-out legs. With all its feet lol

Julie in NM 08-14-2010 04:03 AM

OMG!!! Good for you. Mine is 40%. I want to make a kalidascope quilt so I would buy yardage of higher quatily than usually buy. I Agree with everyone else..buy your dream. Ott light is a good choice. I have two of their cutting tables and just love them. The right height to cut...no back strain. Do you need/want a low end machine to take to quilting classes? You go girl and tell us what you bought.

WE CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR!!!!

montanablu 08-14-2010 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by Judie
All I got was a 40%.. that's okay.. I'm glad to know they really do actually have at least one 80% out there.. I sort of figured they just said they did.... not nice of me to think that way.. I'm mending my ways, I'll think better of them now.

Mine was 40% too, & I also thought like you did :( I'm bad. But the next logical question is - is there only this one at 80%?? They couldn't possibly have very many out there, could they?

harrishwhippets 08-14-2010 04:19 AM

I was shocked to find mine had a 60, it's great to know they had 70 and 80, also. How many yards on a bolt of batting? I'm always having to scronge for money for that.

Honey 08-14-2010 05:07 AM

a bolt of extra wide muslin for backing!

wvdek 08-14-2010 05:37 AM

Depending on what the coupon is actually good for, I would buy a Bendable Light if they carried them or a very large cutting mat, or a roll of batting.

I am blessed that I need nothing but would like the above items.

thismomquilts 08-14-2010 05:45 AM

mine's only 50% but I'll take it! :) Enjoy your 80% off!