Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   9 Patch Weave (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/9-patch-weave-t109146.html)

pamkasperi 03-20-2011 08:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So in checking my email I get this one from e-patterns central.com I love it and want to try it. Has anyone ordered online patterns from them? I'm sure I might be able to find the pattern for free but wonder if the $4.00 for the pattern is worth it over a couple of hours of searching the internet. Plus it says its for Beginners - didn't have the star saying a 5 year old could do it but Beginners works for me.....

luv-e 03-20-2011 08:49 AM

Haven't seen it but I sure like it......
That looks easy to sit down and make a pattern from that picture... Get graph paper and play...

dakotamaid 03-20-2011 09:11 AM

If you still want to use the download their site is easy to use. Just order the download version of the pattern and than they will tell you how to download it to your computer.:)

nativetexan 03-20-2011 09:17 AM

$4.00 is a nice price for any pattern. i love that one. and it should be easy enough to do too. have fun!

cjomomma 03-20-2011 09:27 AM

That's an awesome pattern. I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to recreate.

pamkasperi 03-20-2011 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma

My problem is that I'm not conceptually able to visualize and then figure out how big each piece should be - I need the instructions 1 strip 9 inches; 2 squares 4x4...that sort of thing. My 12 year old - he can look at a picture and design a scaled symetrical picture with directions...but the $4.00 may be worth NOT having him laugh at me!!

cmagee84 03-20-2011 09:36 AM

I would spend the $4 and get to work. It would take me hours to figure it out on my own, even though I know I could. As my husbands says....you have to factor in the worth of your time. In this case, your time is worth $4, IMHO :)

cjomomma 03-20-2011 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by pamkasperi

Originally Posted by cjomomma

My problem is that I'm not conceptually able to visualize and then figure out how big each piece should be - I need the instructions 1 strip 9 inches; 2 squares 4x4...that sort of thing. My 12 year old - he can look at a picture and design a scaled symetrical picture with directions...but the $4.00 may be worth NOT having him laugh at me!!

If I had time I would figure it out for you. My hands are pretty full right now.

MadQuilter 03-20-2011 09:40 AM

As a drafter, I would transfer it to paper and figure out the cut order, but that's me. I saw this pattern in a quilt show yesterday and it is very pretty. The reason I remember it is coz hubby and I looked at it for a long time. The gal had used some directional fabrics and she did a wonderful job making sure the stripes and patterns were going in the right direction.

So this is a suggestion for you: Don't use directional prints.

I think you can do this. Just follow the sewing order as stated. It's a nice 3-color quilt.

thequilterslink 03-20-2011 10:02 AM

Nice pattern, love the fabrics they did it in.