Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   About how my DH and I quilt together....... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/about-how-my-dh-i-quilt-together-t186539.html)

Grannyh67 04-21-2012 05:44 AM

I guess we all have our little things we do. I love to sew and my DH loves to work in wood. I go out and help Him but He does not help me, lol.....I would love for Him to help but sewing is not His cup of Tea, so to speak. We don't work well together because He hates it when I am right, lol...but I still help Him anyway. When it comes to painting in the house I am the one who does it all. He says I do a better job, right!!!.Well it is great you and your DH can quilt together, sounds like fun.

Rose_P 04-21-2012 07:54 AM

Mine helps by not complaining about all the related expenses and by spending lots of time at the golf course and out working in the yard so he doesn't distract me. One other thing is holding quilts up high so I can take pictures. It's a workable arrangement for now, but if he ever wants to take up quilting I would encourage it. I figure that someday he may need a hobby to fall back on that would be less physically strenuous than golf and gardening. My crystal ball says that if that ever happens his new "hobby" will be watching sports and politics on TV.

QandE2010 04-21-2012 09:23 AM

My DH is interested in what I'm working on. He gives opinions when asked and is very supportive. He helps by grocery shopping, running errands and mopping the kitchen. He's even cleaned toilets on occasion. I think I'll keep him. It'd be hard to have to train a new one. LOL

Nagi 04-21-2012 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks (Post 5156653)
My DH and I quilt very well together - He upstairs in front of the TV and I in the basement with my machines. VBG

The same about us, LOL!

partsalot 04-21-2012 01:14 PM

My husband is gardening at present, but his health has caused him to slow down and many things he loved to do are no longer possible. He encourages fabric purchases, chooses patterns, presses and helps cut. I purchased an embroidery machine, threaded it once, he asked me to show him how I did that - end of story - - I NEVER GOT TO EMBROIDER - he tok it over. At least it keeps is together and enjoying time spent on projects.

Rowena101 04-21-2012 03:57 PM

I love mine most when he does his thing & I do the quilting. We did macrame several yrs. ago togather, knots was his thing, but not quilting, thank you. LOL

gailinva 04-21-2012 05:17 PM

Too funny!!! Sounds like my quilt partner.

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks (Post 5156653)
My DH and I quilt very well together - He upstairs in front of the TV and I in the basement with my machines. VBG

Pam H 04-21-2012 05:39 PM

Rebecca, it sounds like you and your hubby have a great relationship. How long have you been married?
I will be in Ireland for the quilt fest. I can't wait! What part of Wisconsin will you be traveling through? Will you be going to quilt shops? That will be quite the vacation.

Mariposa 04-21-2012 05:48 PM

Neat that you, and many others, are able to have hubby work with or support you in your quilting! I wish my hubby would at least be supportive, and maybe even do a bit of wood working! I can always hope! :)

mimiof4 04-21-2012 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by burchquilts (Post 5157212)
My DH & I quilt together, too. I buy fabric & he pays for it... LOL!

that is how it works at my house too!!!!