Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   ? about LQSs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/about-lqss-t25247.html)

amandasgramma 09-10-2009 07:15 AM

Thanks everyone for the info! I think I will take my rotary cutter...oh heck, an excuse to buy a new one and a small mat!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

amandasgramma 09-10-2009 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by janedennis
I am going to go and ask what state are you going gold hunting, been to NC, GA, Texas, Arizona and New Mexico per the GPAA book. I currently live in my 5th wheel and have taken all my quilting supplies with me. If your trailer has a booth in the kitchen the seat makes a really good place to put your things, also I got a real small cutting mat and rotorary cutter at joanns that came in a small kit that fit in a very small box. The mat is only 6inches by 6 inches and has a small handle and a very small rotary cutter to match. It has worked for me. I take my sewing machine too and put it in a hard case and sit it under my chair and you dont even know it is there. Good luck finding gold and happy quilting.

HI FELLOW GOLDER!!! We're going to California to the LDMA camp -- Duisenberg. Hope to be there in time for an outing. Then we're headed on to Arizona...a few stops and want to go to the Stanton camp. I've given DH a strict order find a BIG nugget --- or two --- or three....heck to find as much gold as possible! :mrgreen:

pegquilter8 09-10-2009 08:10 AM

Hi,
Unless you are backpacking through the country, HOW much room would an 18x24 cutting mat a an 18" ruler and a cutter take? Really when I hear fellow quilters express conceerns about what the mate says, I thank my beloved for loving my addiction and never questioning space. Even has made many suggestions as to color, size and placement of squares over the years. He really has a very good sense of composition. Perhaps you could involve him and make him a part of process. They really "dig" getting asked.
Happy vacation

bearisgray 09-10-2009 08:30 AM

He won't let you take WHAT? And you are going to go WITH him??

I can understand space limitations, but an 12x18 (approx) mat, ruler and cutter are not that bulky.

butterflywing 09-10-2009 01:22 PM

i think dh should leave his mining equipment home. that should leave plenty of room for your stuff. :lol: :lol:

dakotamaid 09-10-2009 02:44 PM

I'm facing the same problem with storage while RVing most of the winter somewhere. My favorite size of cutting mat to take is the 12X18 with a pad on the back. (for ironing.) I slip it into a pillowcase and have it stashed under the mattress on the "over the cab" bed! Look around your vehicle, I'm sure you can find a spot for something so thin! I've even given up some clothing to make room for quilt supplies. Hope you have fun. :D

sewjoyce 09-10-2009 04:25 PM

I have this cute little item from Omnigrid. One side has a cutting mat and the other side a pressing mat. It folds up to about 7" square and has a velcro closure. I purchased it from jhittle a few months ago and it's great to take to class as well as have by my sewing machine. :D

GailG 09-10-2009 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
i think dh should leave his mining equipment home. that should leave plenty of room for your stuff. :lol: :lol:

Touche' :lol:

amandasgramma 09-10-2009 07:12 PM

OK -- I figured it out!!! LOL I'm going to slip the mat under the mattress!!!! And the rotary cutter can go in my makeup bag (he NEVER gets in that, and the ruler can go under the mattress, too.!!!! heee heee Actually, Dear Sweet Husband NOW says "you can take it, I was just reminding you we have limited space" :roll: Wait till he finds out I want to take that really heavy bag of UFO of counted Xstitch...ROFL!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

butterflywing 09-10-2009 08:01 PM

have you considered taking your sewing machine and leaving dh at home?
:lol: :lol: but under the mattress is a good idea. put everything in a big ziplock or two, or three, lay it out as flat as possible, and keep it under the mattress at your feet. put the fabric pieces under your mattress at the head. it's good to sleep with your head slightly elevated. :lol: