Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   ? About table toppers. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/about-table-toppers-t77314.html)

cjomomma 11-19-2010 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by klgreene

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Thank you everyone!! Now I think I can dive in!! Wish me luck!!!

I used a thin batting on all the toppers I've made. Steam ironed when done so they lay as flat as they can.

Love the new pic, are you going to change it again. LOL

When I lose another 30lbs. I will change it. LOL!! I really did like the first one I posted with little man.

craftiladi 11-19-2010 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I'm going go try and make 1 but my question is do you make it like quilt where it is sandwiched with batting and backing? I read a tut but it did not say what to do when the top is done other than quilting and binding it. Thank you for any opinions on this.

I do my table toppers just like a mini quilt but if I know it might get used for a hot pad I use the stuff for pot holders...sorry name escapes me.
I agree very pretty pic of you :}

quiltingaz 11-19-2010 06:50 PM

I make them just like a quilt but use thinner batting

annette1952 11-20-2010 02:15 AM

I like your new pic Carrie. Have fun with your table topper. I just made 2 of them but haven't quilted them yet.

Joan Rosemary 11-20-2010 02:21 AM

I must say I like the pic to. It is great to put a face to the person. But how do you put a pic anyway. I tried and nothing happened. (not a photo of me, I would break the camera LOL)

plainpat 11-20-2010 03:03 AM

Go to My Profile on top of page.Scroll down to Avatar. That shows you what to do. Basically,you need to have a pic on your computer ...when you go there,click on the pic you want & follow instructions. Easy Peasy :-)

Originally Posted by Joan Rosemary
I must say I like the pic to. It is great to put a face to the person. But how do you put a pic anyway. I tried and nothing happened. (not a photo of me, I would break the camera LOL)

lizzy 11-20-2010 03:37 AM

Joan, pick our the picture want to send and then type in what it is in the long white line. Put the name you want to call it. For example if is a star block, just type that in. Enter and it you see some information in the middle gray block, it means it has accepted your picture. After entering, send it. Check the pictures section or main new topic to see if it worked. If it didn't you can edit that entry and try again. Don't give up. I hope I helped you a little.

Joan Rosemary 11-20-2010 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by plainpat
Go to My Profile on top of page.Scroll down to Avatar. That shows you what to do. Basically,you need to have a pic on your computer ...when you go there,click on the pic you want & follow instructions. Easy Peasy :-)

Originally Posted by Joan Rosemary

Thanks plainpat. Bingo it worked this time. The pic I chose was me with my two sisters. Susan is on the left, Anne in the middle and Me on the right.

Joan Rosemary 11-20-2010 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by lizzy
Joan, pick our the picture want to send and then type in what it is in the long white line. Put the name you want to call it. For example if is a star block, just type that in. Enter and it you see some information in the middle gray block, it means it has accepted your picture. After entering, send it. Check the pictures section or main new topic to see if it worked. If it didn't you can edit that entry and try again. Don't give up. I hope I helped you a little.

Thanks Lizzey

plainpat 11-20-2010 04:37 AM

You are welcome. Glad it worked.A nice looking trio.