Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Accuquilt GO cutter? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-go-cutter-t215521.html)

LAQUITA 03-05-2013 12:31 AM

Accuquilt GO cutter?

I am looking at purchasing the GO cutter but wanted to ask you all a few questions first please.
(1) if you have a GO do you really use it? In other words is it worth purchasing?
(2) what dies do you use most?
(3) if you have/had one and don't use it or sold it, why? What about it didn't you like?
(4) best prices on dies?

Thanks everyone,
Have a very blessed day! :)

lynda53 03-05-2013 02:31 AM

I absolutely LOVE my Go Cutter..I did only plan to purchase dies that were hard to cut with a rotary cutter such as drunkards path,double wedding ring etc but have purchased 2 1/2 strip cutter & rag dies with more to come...I love them all. Our prices are different here in Australia so cant advise you on that one.

Chasing Hawk 03-05-2013 02:36 AM

I just ordered mine, well actually the Go Baby one. I think I will just use the basic ones. Like the squares, triangles and rectangles, boring I know. I also figure since my niece is now interested in sewing. I can send her some homemade charm packs to experiment with.

I also took under consideration how much I would be using it. I opted for the small version as opposed to the more expensive one.

mpspeedy2 03-05-2013 04:10 AM

I have a Baby Go and I have used it. I am not interested in piecing so I only purchased the applique dies. A member of my quilt guild is a dealer and she sells to us at a 25% discount. I make mostly Linus quilts and I like to decorate them with the child friendly appliques. I first apply fusable web to the back of the fabric before I run it through the Go. Then all I have to do is iron it on my project and sew it around the edge to permanetly attach it to the quilt. If my grandchildren were younger or when I start to have greats I will find a whole lot more to do with it. I will admit that like many of the gadgets I have purchased I only use it in fits and starts.

maminstl 03-05-2013 05:57 AM

Does anyone know if you can get better pricing on this at Quilt shows? Going to the show in Paducah this year (my first) and wondering if I should hold off on purchasing?

mighty 03-05-2013 08:52 AM

I have the go and the studio cutters I love them. Purchase the dies that you will use most and then add to your supply as go along.

Peckish 03-05-2013 08:57 AM

I have a Go Baby and love it. I've done a lot of triangles and circles. I wish I could get the Rob Peter, Pay Paul die, but it's too big for the Baby. If you like precuts, there's a die that will cut 2.25" strips. That one seems to be very popular.

The best price on dies anywhere is a Yahoo group called pinsandneedles1. The group owner sells them at a price that cannot be beat, including shipping.

BellaBoo 03-05-2013 09:22 AM

The Go is as important to me as my sewing machine. My newest die is the ribbon die. It makes a great border. I use the tumbler and rag die the most. I also use the 2 1/2 square die and strip die a lot. I usually buy a new die to make the shape I need for a quilt pattern. I keep a stock of mats on hand. When I find a sale I stock up. The circle die is a fun one to have.

PaperPrincess 03-05-2013 12:06 PM

I have the big Studio cutter, my sister has the Go!. I was impressed with how sturdy the smaller machine was. I don't do applique, so the dies that I have are lots of geometrics (triangles and squares) and strip cutters. I also purchased the dies for 2 curved pieced quilts, Winding Ways and Drunkard's Path. I cannot imagine cutting either of these last 2 quilt by hand!

Geri B 03-06-2013 05:22 PM

I have a GO and many dies...some appliqué but mostly geometric for piecing and of course the strips are great......I have found an excellent source. A yahoo group called pinsandneedles1. You have to join the group but you will learn a lot from the members.