Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Accuquilt Go ??? Really??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-go-really-t153524.html)

Prism99 09-16-2011 07:06 PM

Oh, my. I think you had the worst possible introduction to using it!

It is harder to crank at first, and the rag dies are the hardest dies to use. This is because there are so many cutting edges on that die!

Mine was hard to crank at first; I could only crank through 2 layers of fabric for the large tumbler die (an easy die to use!). Now that it is broken in, I could do two layers of flannel with the rag die. However, I think I would place a piece of flimsy paper between the die and the flannel to stop all those shreds from getting stuck between the blades and foam (HATE digging those out!).

I like my Go! primarily for the triangles because they match up so perfectly at the sewing machine, with all the dog ears already trimmed off. Plus I am able to cut a *lot* of triangles in each pass.

auntpiggylpn 09-16-2011 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99
Oh, my. I think you had the worst possible introduction to using it!

It is harder to crank at first, and the rag dies are the hardest dies to use. This is because there are so many cutting edges on that die!

Mine was hard to crank at first; I could only crank through 2 layers of fabric for the large tumbler die (an easy die to use!). Now that it is broken in, I could do two layers of flannel with the rag die. However, I think I would place a piece of flimsy paper between the die and the flannel to stop all those shreds from getting stuck between the blades and foam (HATE digging those out!)..

I did that and it doesn't always work!!

jaciqltznok 09-16-2011 07:16 PM

whenever I "test" drove those things I could not figure out how anyone could use it without 2 hands on it at all times...
I bought the Sizzix!

ann31039 09-16-2011 07:45 PM

i bought mine used. already broke in and i love it. cause i cant cut straight with a ruler and rotary cutter to save my life!!

PaperPrincess 09-17-2011 09:11 AM

Try it at different table heights. Also if you can feed the die in at an angle it will help. The more detailed the die, the fewer layers you should cut.

gale 09-17-2011 11:36 AM

I didn't like the Go either. I tried it at different heights, different positions, different amounts of fabric. It all was painful for me. I have the Big Shot Pro Westminster now and it's a LOT easier so far.

goosepoint 09-17-2011 03:51 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions. I tried it again this morning and decided that I am a little too sore but I will get the hang of it thanks to everyone. As I sewed today it was really nice to have every thing line up exactly. I managed to cut 130 blocks yesterday and sewed them all up today. It was really a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone!

BellaBoo 09-17-2011 04:58 PM

I put a thin sheet of paper over the die before cutting the rag quilt block. It really helps. I don't cut but one layer of the rag block at a time. As for loosening it up. My two nephews had a cranking contest using my Go! Youngest boy won that one. LOL. My Go has fell from the roof of the car to the pavement, cut everything that could be sent through it, DH has taken the thing apart and reassembled, and it still works great. Mine was one of the first batch made for sale so it's been a darn good one.