Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Accuquilt Go! Strip Cutter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-go-strip-cutter-t196700.html)

Krystyna 08-05-2012 02:46 AM

I guess I'll see how it goes today. I have a bolt of black fabric from an estate sale, so that should be good to experiment with.

teddysmom 08-05-2012 02:48 AM

I have the 2 1/2" strip cutter and it's great. Gives me great accurate strips.

luvstoquilt 08-05-2012 05:42 AM

I love my strip cutters...I just added the 1 1/2" at 40% off at Joann's. It is harder but I love having straight strips. It is really much faster and more accurate. I say it is a "keeper"!

sewplease 08-12-2012 06:09 PM

I just got a Go Baby and tried the 2.5" strip cutter tonight for the first time after seeing this thread. The first time through felt awkward but the strips were fine. Did a few more and it just got easier. This was using some unpressed fabric across the grain. I never had much trouble rotary cutting strips, but this is FUN with the cutter! :-)

krysti 08-12-2012 07:11 PM

I'm glad you are all liking the strip dies. I have been wanting one; but every time Joann's has theirs on sale, they don't have any and anytime I've seen them; they are quite pricey--more so than the regular square or hst dies and such. I have the Go Baby. Can anyone tell me where a good place to get the strip dies at a decent price? Thanks!

Krystyna 08-13-2012 03:36 AM

Krysti, if you actually go to the Go! site and write a bunch of reviews you'll get credits that you can use toward a purchase. And if you purchase something very small there, you will be sent a survey and that is worth a LOT of credits. It cuts down the cost of dies considerably.

krysti 08-13-2012 08:09 AM

Krystyna, thank you so much for letting me know that! Off to write some reviews lol

Krystyna 08-13-2012 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by krysti (Post 5437945)
Krystyna, thank you so much for letting me know that! Off to write some reviews lol

You' re most welcome! I just checked my account and you get 100 points for signing up and soon they will send you a survey and you get 500 points for filling that out. You also get 10 rewards points for each review! They add up ... so just wait until they have a sale and ... BIG savings!

sewmary 08-13-2012 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5437275)
Krysti, if you actually go to the Go! site and write a bunch of reviews you'll get credits that you can use toward a purchase. And if you purchase something very small there, you will be sent a survey and that is worth a LOT of credits. It cuts down the cost of dies considerably.

Wow - so they are buying good reviews. Pretty tricky way to do it. Nice to know.

Not that I don't believe others aren't doing it too. Getting so it is hard to rely on reviews for products anymore.

Krystyna 08-13-2012 10:59 AM

I guess you could leave a bad review ...