Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Accuquilt Go Stuff (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-go-stuff-t77204.html)

bgullett 11-18-2010 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by carolaug
I have some static cling but no big deal. I just pull it off. So much better than using a rotary knife. I also ordered a 2 1/2 inch strip from the internet since it was 50.00 25.00 cheaper than Joanne's fabric store.

I have static on mine as well. I wipe it with a fabric sheet before I cut.

Donna Mare 11-19-2010 02:02 AM

By reading the various posts here.. I think I will call him back and order the 6 1/2 inch square before he ships my order out today. Should be under 20. Thank you Carol. I debated on the 2 1/2 strip. Thought I might do that with the rotary for a while. It is pricey !! Will def put it on my list to get. TY..

Tuesy Oren is the one I bought from.

THanks for the tips on the static.. Haven't used the Go yet. Should have it the first of next week. You all are giving great info and it's also nice to know what dies others really like!

This would be a good link to keep going.. Or maybe start a Go link so we can share info..tips , etc....

plainpat 11-19-2010 02:21 AM

What does that mean to "make sure you lay out all your squares" ?

two weeks...already made two quilts and a third one ready to go...love it....just make sure that you lay out all your squares and make sure you sew the side that is the same.

plainpat 11-19-2010 02:23 AM

I'd also like to see a Go thread on here.
This would be a good link to keep going.. Or maybe start a Go link so we can share info..tips , etc....[/quote]

Donna Mare 11-19-2010 02:50 AM

TF quilter.

I got mine about a month ago and have been doing the die search.. I am ready to rock next week when they come in. Have some things I have to have ready for Christmas.

I will be playing today on it with the die that come with it. Got my sewing machine up and going... I haven't quilted for many many years.. Been buying fabric for a few months, saving patterns and pics from here...collecting tuts.. THis group is so fantastic...love the sharing they do! It sure helps me.

Donna Mare 11-19-2010 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by plainpat
I'd also like to see a Go thread on here.
This would be a good link to keep going.. Or maybe start a Go link so we can share info..tips , etc....

[/quote]

Ditto Pat. This one is a start. People are commenting and sharing. That is the great part. Many have had Go's for awhile.. They are teaching me, for sure!

plainpat 11-19-2010 03:03 AM

Love the quote on your post.....so true.

Originally Posted by Donna Mare
TF quilter.

I got mine about a month ago and have been doing the die search.. I am ready to rock next week when they come in. Have some things I have to have ready for Christmas.

I will be playing today on it with the die that come with it. Got my sewing machine up and going... I haven't quilted for many many years.. Been buying fabric for a few months, saving patterns and pics from here...collecting tuts.. THis group is so fantastic...love the sharing they do! It sure helps me.

carolaug 11-19-2010 03:25 AM

the squares are the same but you need to make sure you line them up the same way...each side of the square if different. make sure if you have a picture that needs to face a certain way...you use that one as a sample to make sure the other square line up like that. I made the mistake on my first quilt not knowing that...so the seams are not perfect...on my second quilt I made sure all the blocks lined up the same way...the seams look great...I feel bad that the one I am giving to son number one...is not as good as son number two...but they both do look great...

carolaug 11-19-2010 03:30 AM

I make sure to use all of my scraps and use the 2 1/2 triangle...cut right sides together..just two pieces of different fabric and sew ASAP...that way you do not have to line up the pieces again before sewing and they are perfect.

Donna Mare 11-19-2010 08:43 AM

I make sure to use all of my scraps and use the 2 1/2 triangle...cut right sides together..just two pieces of different fabric and sew ASAP...that way you do not have to line up the pieces again before sewing and they are perfect.

Great tip.. Thank you !!!