Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   ACCUQUILT GO! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-go-t113284.html)

rn2639 04-03-2011 06:00 PM

Does anyone have the Accuquilt GO? And do you love it or should I just get some new rotary blades and save my money? LOL.
I have to have back surgery pretty soon and I have come to DREAD cutting my fabric. Any replys would be appreciated!

CarrieAnne 04-03-2011 06:08 PM

I have it and I sure love it!

sewTinker 04-03-2011 06:08 PM

I recently purchased this. I am really Wanting to love it. I have read here where many quilters are thrilled with it. I have only used it a few times. For me, it is very difficult to turn the handle. However, I am hoping that the machine will "break in," and that it will become easier. It does not roll through (at this point, anyway) like it is shown in the video. Of course they have a Man using it. I want to Love it. I'm being patient. Back surgery?... I would wait until fully healed and strong again. lol... On the other hand, I have never been a very strong person. Perhaps taller, sturdier women have better luck with it? I'll be interested to see the responses you get here. Am hoping that the more I use it, the easier it will be to use.

Jill 04-03-2011 06:15 PM

I have one and really like it. I think if you do a search you will find lots of information about it. Also, Yahoo groups has a heading for Accuquilt GO and it is loaded with information.

Maggiesmom 04-03-2011 06:15 PM

I have put mine to good use and have really liked the results. I can use my full arm to turn the handle and it doesn't hurt nearly as much as repeated cutting withb the rotary cutter.

Maggiesmom 04-03-2011 06:17 PM

I have put mine to good use and have really liked the results. I can use my full arm to turn the handle and it doesn't hurt nearly as much as repeated cutting withb the rotary cutter.

bamamama 04-03-2011 06:25 PM

If your back hurts when cutting fabrics try raising your table height. I have an old kitchen table in my sewing room for a cutting table and my back was killing me when I tried to cut so my DH Put blocks of wood screwed into the bottom of the legs to give it a boost. My back does not hurt when I stand there and cut now. Hopefully after your surgery you'll be back to normal.

I have not tried a Accuquilt Go. The dies are so expensive and since I never repete a pattern I just can't justify the expense If I had someone to share dies with, maybe I would. Hopefully the price will come down one day when the new wears off!

carolaug 04-03-2011 06:27 PM

I have it and love it....I have a lot of examples, patterns, video on my blog...using the GO

SewMomma66 04-03-2011 06:56 PM

Love mine!

LeeJay 04-03-2011 07:07 PM

I have had the Go for about a year. I am sorry I bought and a bunch of dies. I prefer to rotary cut, particularly when I can sew strips together then subcut into blocks that are already sewn (for four-patch and 9 patch). I have utilized my Go for cutting scraps into usable blocks, but this is about the only practical thing I have used it for. The strip dies are so very expensive, and I find that I can cut strips with my rotary cutter, probably even faster. I also bought a strip cutting machine... Why do I do these things? I am really happy for all of you who are enjoying yours. If I weren't so lazy, I would put mine up for sale and be done with them.