Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ACCUQUILT GO!

Does anyone have the Accuquilt GO? And do you love it or should I just get some new rotary blades and save my money? LOL.
    I have to have back surgery pretty soon and I have come to DREAD cutting my fabric. Any replys would be appreciated!

I have it and I sure love it!

currently living outside of nashville, tn
    I recently purchased this. I am really Wanting to love it. I have read here where many quilters are thrilled with it. I have only used it a few times. For me, it is very difficult to turn the handle. However, I am hoping that the machine will "break in," and that it will become easier. It does not roll through (at this point, anyway) like it is shown in the video. Of course they have a Man using it. I want to Love it. I'm being patient. Back surgery?... I would wait until fully healed and strong again. lol... On the other hand, I have never been a very strong person. Perhaps taller, sturdier women have better luck with it? I'll be interested to see the responses you get here. Am hoping that the more I use it, the easier it will be to use.

I have one and really like it. I think if you do a search you will find lots of information about it. Also, Yahoo groups has a heading for Accuquilt GO and it is loaded with information.

Blog Entries
    I have put mine to good use and have really liked the results. I can use my full arm to turn the handle and it doesn't hurt nearly as much as repeated cutting withb the rotary cutter.

Blog Entries
    I have put mine to good use and have really liked the results. I can use my full arm to turn the handle and it doesn't hurt nearly as much as repeated cutting withb the rotary cutter.

If your back hurts when cutting fabrics try raising your table height. I have an old kitchen table in my sewing room for a cutting table and my back was killing me when I tried to cut so my DH Put blocks of wood screwed into the bottom of the legs to give it a boost. My back does not hurt when I stand there and cut now. Hopefully after your surgery you'll be back to normal.

I have not tried a Accuquilt Go. The dies are so expensive and since I never repete a pattern I just can't justify the expense If I had someone to share dies with, maybe I would. Hopefully the price will come down one day when the new wears off!

Blog Entries
    I have it and love it....I have a lot of examples, patterns, video on my blog...using the GO

Love mine!

I have had the Go for about a year. I am sorry I bought and a bunch of dies. I prefer to rotary cut, particularly when I can sew strips together then subcut into blocks that are already sewn (for four-patch and 9 patch). I have utilized my Go for cutting scraps into usable blocks, but this is about the only practical thing I have used it for. The strip dies are so very expensive, and I find that I can cut strips with my rotary cutter, probably even faster. I also bought a strip cutting machine... Why do I do these things? I am really happy for all of you who are enjoying yours. If I weren't so lazy, I would put mine up for sale and be done with them.

Delete

delete - double entry

Banned
    Blog Entries
    If you are having back surgery DO NOT get the Go...the cranking along can hurt you further.

See if you can find the yahoo groups for the sizzix machines and read why most are getting rid of the GO machines and going for the easier to use Sizzix machines..there is even a great electronic one that a lady tested and it cut 16 layers of fabric!

you can read about her testing ALL the machines at her blog called " ihaveanotion"
    PM for the link the admin did like the link!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bamamama
    If your back hurts when cutting fabrics try raising your table height. I have an old kitchen table in my sewing room for a cutting table and my back was killing me when I tried to cut so my DH Put blocks of wood screwed into the bottom of the legs to give it a boost. My back does not hurt when I stand there and cut now. Hopefully after your surgery you'll be back to normal.

I have not tried a Accuquilt Go. The dies are so expensive and since I never repete a pattern I just can't justify the expense If I had someone to share dies with, maybe I would. Hopefully the price will come down one day when the new wears off!
    I doubt the prices will go down..I have been buying dies for about 10 years and the GO dies are cheaper than most...of course they do not last as long either, so they are often being replaced...more costly in the long term, IF you are going to repeat those dies.

Blog Entries
    I agree I went and looked it expensive and the dies for it are crazy. It's a lot of money. I walked away... LOL

I have one. The dies are expensive also. But it does cut beautifully. I have the die that cuts 2.5 strips and most of the blocks and triangles. Don't use it as much as I like because I don't have dedicated space for it so it stays in the closet most of the time...

Blog Entries
    I have one and love it!. Cutting strips for bindings and rail fence, and 9 patch is so quick and easy. I have the 1 1/2" and 2 1/2" strip, hearts, flowers, circles, and 5 inch square. I just keep finding ways to use it. For scraps I cut them into 5 inch squares and have a large stack.

Ruby the Quilter

Blog Entries
    I gave mine away

UPDATE on my post.....I will not waste my money on this.
    Even my local quilt shop owner has them marked down to get rid of and will not be carrying them anymore.

She did tell me that GET THE STUDIO version...its good....lifetime warranty. Where as the GO only is one year.
    Its flimsy! saw it in person yesterday....I am GLAD I did not order this thing. I will buy new rotary blades while I wait until I can afford the studio I may change my mind altogether. DO NOT BUY THIS THING. Looks are decvieving!!!

Its a piece of U-know-what!

I know why now!
    WOW! It is not what people are making it out to be thats for sure!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MissSandra
    I gave mine away

My LQS has one and she lets me use it. I love it. I made alot of table runners for Christmas with it. She has lots of dies for it so it does get lots of use. :thumbup: Good luck with your surgery. I hope you heel fast. I have a bad back too so cutting can be dreadful at times. I think thats why I love the Acu.
    Another reason why I like it is there are dies for shapes you can piece and dies for pieces you can applique. I broke my knee and so Im crutches for 3 months. 3 weeks to go. So I was going to head to her Acu next week and get ready for sewing when I get better. Im now getting ready to head to the dentist but when I get back I'll post ya some pictures that I made with the shapes from it. Have a great day. :thumbup:

I LOVE love love mine. I think if you only make a couple of quilts per year it is not necessary. I make about 4 a month and sometimes more for charity.

When you first use a new die it takes a few times for it to be easy to turn.

Flying geese are AMAZING and easy to make. I made 4 tumbler quilts and used up all my 1930's fabric.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I have a back disease and some days it's hard to do anything. Plus I have little body strength. This being said; I Love the Accuquilt to go. If you have to many layers of fabric in it it can be hard to turn but other than that the only thing you need to watch is that the fabric is on grain so that it doesn't stretch when you take it thru the machine. My 4 year old grandson can turn it. They also back up their mechandise and will replace anything that has a problem. I've had this done twice. I sent them an email (I bought mine in a store) let them know the problem and they contacted my right away and I had a replacement in the mail the same day. It's great.

Blog Entries
    I sure love my Accuquilt Go. It saves me a lot of time cutting strips. At times when my husband want me to just sit with him and watch TV, I gather all my fabrics and start cutting it with my GO. You can make your own jelly rolls, cahrm packs etc. I'm sure you will like it a lot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast