Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   acuquilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/acuquilt-t223397.html)

GrannieAnnie 06-11-2013 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by cjhydeaway (Post 6115745)
Thanks everyone. I have a friend who is moving from Indy to Delaware and is selling a bunch of her sewing machines, supplies and fabric. The AccuQuilt is one of the things I thought I might be interested in.

Don't pass it up!

Onebyone 06-11-2013 12:40 PM

I can't believe machine embroiderers don't know about Sarah Vedeler's Go Bedazzled!

sunni 06-11-2013 01:21 PM

I've been away from this forum for awhile and since I have been debating purchasing an Accuquilt Go! I came here for reviews...I read some the other day and then at 2 quilt shops this past week, I got to see one in action. I fell in love and ordered it from Allbrands. They have the best price anywhere and it should be here Thursday, I can't wait!!!

sewplease 06-11-2013 02:51 PM

Many times when people recommend an accuquilt or other cutter they talk about the speed and ease of cutting. Me? I just think it's FUN!! Great grownup toy!

carolaug 06-11-2013 02:55 PM

I have had mine for several years and love it...I only put in three layers on my go...never any issues. I would not out on 6 layers to had to put though...I perfer just 3 layers. I make quilts that I would never have made without it. Worth every penny to me...

Originally Posted by Normabeth (Post 6115967)
I have the Accuquilt Go and seldom use it, the blades in the dies bend out of shape very quickly. The company does not stand behine their product.

serenitybygrace 06-11-2013 03:03 PM

I really like my Accuquilt GO. I have several dies. Make sure to compare prices on the GO and the dies. Prices vary considerably.

patski 06-11-2013 03:06 PM

watch on e bay and amazon you can often get them for 70 % off

mirish2 06-12-2013 03:30 AM

I love the accuquilt for cutting triangles and tumblers as well as strips. My very best quilting friend just purchased a studio cutter. I paid for one of the dies. I just spent two days with her, slicing and dicing. It cuts 10 layers at a time, the die for charm blocks has 8 blocks--in minutes, 80 charm blocks. Love it.

pflum1 06-12-2013 04:54 AM

My accuquilt "go" is several years old and I have about 100 of the dies. I use it for stripes, squares & circle mostly. I don't cut triangle with it as I use a different method of sewing triangle so they don't stretch. I think it's more precious in cutting than using a ruler. Much faster, but I never cut over 4 layers are a time. Do you need one??, Did you need a microwave? It's a new toy and life is short. Do you want to leave all your money to your children to have fun with? I don't drink or smoke, so if I want a new die every month, I have saved enough to get one. I do have several dies that I never have used. Someone was asking how to get the sample dies. If you sign up for Accuquilt newsletter, you will get an email when they come out with a new set of dies.

cdwatson 06-12-2013 08:02 AM

I have just purchased an Accuquilt with the three dies. I will be adding dies slowly as I go along (because of price). Which dies would you purchase first?