Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Advise me on prices, please? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/advise-me-prices-please-t24329.html)

MelissaK 08-18-2009 07:36 AM

Your stuff is gorgeous and reasonably priced. I love the fall and sunflower wall hangings. You did beautiful work. The economy does stink here and it seems to be affecting us all. People don't want to spend the money!

twistedstitcher 08-18-2009 07:44 AM

Your work is lovely and I think your prices are very reasonable. But as quilters, we on this board know how expensive it is to make a quilt. People that don't make quilts have no idea of the cost of materials plus all the time involved, and are so often not willing to pay what it's worth. I would try Etsy as well, you might have better luck there.

Good luck, I hope you can sell some of your beautiful creations!

amma 08-18-2009 07:47 AM

All of your quilts are beautiful and I think the prices are very reasonable too!!!

Cathy M 08-18-2009 08:10 AM

Beautiful work! You go girl- your prices are more than fair and the lucky owners should treasure your outstanding creativity.

Darlene 08-18-2009 09:13 AM

I think your prices are very good I really like the name panel that is so cute.

Jared 08-18-2009 10:16 AM

It actually seems like your prices are too low to me. I would seriously consider selling on Etsy (forget eBay, not worth sellign handmade items there). There is a huge community on Etsy. Other sellers are very helpful and the buyers are usually very appreciative for unique handmade items. There is also the ability for people to contact you with custom order requests. I think your name quilts would really do well there. The fees are also reasonable and you will have a nice polished storefront with a massive audience.

For pricing, I wouldn't necessarily try to compete with what you feel others are doing. If you are doing this to make money then you should really work out the pricing in terms of the cost for materials, time and labor. Make sure that you factor in your time! Don't undersell yourself or you run the risk of burning out or giving up.

Keep at it! :D

SharonC 08-18-2009 10:42 AM

I was looking at you quilts and the pricing and thought that you were under-pricing yourself. Maybe b/c I realize the time, material, and effort that goes into a quilt.
They are beautiful quilts and there's no harm in branching out to etsy to see what's possibly in store for you.
Good luck...your work is well worth the money.

Mousie 08-19-2009 01:08 PM

I agree with everyone else, beautiful quilts at fantastic prices!
Are there quilters in your area...it's a fine line, between they would make them, themselves, and don't know enough what treasures they are viewing?

ai731 08-19-2009 01:28 PM

I agree with those who have said that your prices are very fair (and maybe even too low), and that you should seriously consider selling on Etsy. I think you will do very well with your baby quilts and name panels.

Could you tell me the name of the block in your "Butterflies at the Crossroads" quilt? We did it as a BoM at my Quilt Guild, but the lady who brought the directions couldn't remember what it was called!

Thanks!
Jan

mamaw 08-19-2009 02:49 PM

Your quilts are lovely; and your prices are very reasonable. You might even want to consider charging a little more. At those prices, they should sell fast!
Good luck with it.
Nancy