Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   ahhhh go away and this happens (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ahhhh-go-away-happens-t138741.html)

BellaBoo 07-20-2011 11:47 AM

It's easy to log on at any wi fi area when away from home. Laptop, smart phone, Ipad, ITouch, library, airports, train stations, bus stations, and I found most states Welcome Centers have wi fi now too if you are traveling by car.

Qwiltylady 07-20-2011 12:24 PM

I am in the same boat am working on getting back.

Connie 07-20-2011 12:32 PM

I don't post often, so my status will never change. I have things I would like to post for sale but that won't happen so I will have to use craigslist or ebay.

oldcottontop 07-20-2011 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
You people who are complaining do have control of your computer mouse. If you find things here so distasteful, find another site that suits you better. I personally find this a wonderful site and have found some wonderful "friends" here. I wouldn't change a thing.

ditto to that. Personally I don't think there should be any "ratings". I just like the information about quilting that I receive. I don't have a lot of extra time and would much prefer using my time quilting

charlotte37830 07-20-2011 02:01 PM

I would think that by having this requirement, it keeps down the chance of getting scammed.I personally feel safe buying things from the people here. If anyone could come on here and offer to sell the first time, then you would have to worry about if you will get anything for your money.

I don't think the requirement is that hard to achieve. I wasn't even trying and noticed that I had achieved it. I don't even know how long I was a regular before I noticed.

aronel 07-20-2011 02:20 PM

Happened to me too, when I went on vacation, I even took my computer with me so I could stay caught up. Apparently I didn't comment enough, but when I came home, I got it right back.

Grambi 07-20-2011 03:20 PM

I cut back on the number of postings I made because I always seem to forget to un-check the "watch this topic" choice under the Quick Reply box. Then I get an email everytime anyone posts a reply to those topics. If I do forget, the process of "unwatching" a topic is time consuming (to me) when it has to be tone a lot.

ligia 07-20-2011 03:39 PM

[quote=cizzors]

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

Originally Posted by blondeslave

Something like this?

"OMG! I just stuck myself with a pin! Has this ever happened to anyone else?!"

:shock:

:lol: :thumbup:

gerswin 07-20-2011 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by lfw045

Originally Posted by lheartsl
lost my title! ughhhhh and now to get it back so I can sell some things!
this is what I get for going on vacation?

Personally, I wish they would do away with/or change this requirement for selling stuff here. Especially just for the reason you expressed.

It would be much better if they could change the rule to "membership for 30 days in order to sell" or something to that effect. JMHO

sounds like business as usual for my experience

Bev 07-20-2011 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by lfw045

Originally Posted by lheartsl
lost my title! ughhhhh and now to get it back so I can sell some things!
this is what I get for going on vacation?

Personally, I wish they would do away with/or change this requirement for selling stuff here. Especially just for the reason you expressed.

It would be much better if they could change the rule to "membership for 30 days in order to sell" or something to that effect. JMHO

Really, I couldn't agree more! Some of us have been on this board since its inception and still keep losing our status because we don't post often enough. That's just plain silly.