Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Alaska shops (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/alaska-shops-t297442.html)

Nanaquilter12 06-07-2018 02:24 AM

Alaska shops

Just finished a wonderful cruise in Alaska. Found 4 quilt stores while I was there!!!

quilterpurpledog 06-07-2018 03:48 AM

I would almost wager that they are the same wonderful shops I found when we did an Alaska cruise for our 50th anniversary two years ago. They were great and the people in the shops so warm and friendly to all the tourists-like me.

judy363905 06-07-2018 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Nanaquilter12 (Post 8072048)
Just finished a wonderful cruise in Alaska. Found 4 quilt stores while I was there!!!

We also recently (6/21st) returned from an Alaska trip. Yes wonderful quilt shops and owners of these shop...I just cut up a special fq for a project yesterday. Also picked up three Barbara Lavllee small panels to design a wall hanging for my studio. Love her whimsical characters.

Judy in Phx, AZ

bevm 06-07-2018 07:05 AM

There's a great quilt shop in downtown Anchorage. A lot of Alaskan fabrics. Can't remember the name right now altho if anyone's interested I'll find out. GREAT SHOP!!

coopah 06-08-2018 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by judy363905 (Post 8072150)
We also recently (6/21st) returned from an Alaska trip. Yes wonderful quilt shops and owners of these shop...I just cut up a special fq for a project yesterday. Also picked up three Barbara Lavllee small panels to design a wall hanging for my studio. Love her whimsical characters.

Judy in Phx, AZ

The Lavlee art is an awesome celebration of Alaskan life. Her art is refreshing. You're going to have fun making a wall hanging with those panels.

Tudey 06-08-2018 08:17 AM

My DH and I are taking our first cruise in September and we are going to Alaska! We are taking my younger sister with us too. But I am excited at the prospect of quilt shops there!

Pete 06-08-2018 08:36 AM

Leaving for Alaska in Aug

Originally Posted by Nanaquilter12 (Post 8072048)

Taking a cruise with 6 gal friends ..... how did you find the shops? I am the only quilter in my group but I really want to go to some stores.

judy363905 06-08-2018 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 8072775)
Taking a cruise with 6 gal friends ..... how did you find the shops? I am the only quilter in my group but I really want to go to some stores.

The smaller cities where the quilt shops are -- Ketchikan, Juneau and Kodak and the shoe are close to the middle of the town not far from where the ships dock. I did not get off in Anchorage due to the longer walk to the city and I had been there before) The sales people are great and anxious to accomadate your needs. Have a fun trip
It should be warm there when you go

Judy in Phx -- where was 107 degrees today.

judy363905 06-09-2018 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by judy363905 (Post 8073038)
The smaller cities where the quilt shops are -- Ketchikan, Juneau and Kodak and the shoe are close to the middle of the town not far from where the ships dock. I did not get off in Anchorage due to the longer walk to the city and I had been there before) The sales people are great and anxious to accomadate your needs. Have a fun trip
It should be warm there when you go

Judy in Phx -- where was 107 degrees today.

Opps in Kodiak there is a shuttle bus that meets passengers at the dock to take you to the city. Just thought maybe there is one in Anchorage too you can check on that...also people are handing out city maps -- you will not have any trouble finding shops. :)

fish92241 06-09-2018 11:05 AM

Just got back! Our cruise line had a scrap book listing various shops, including quilt shops. (Not the one where they ask you to go in and claim a charm!) We found a shop in every town and, I'm afraid we bought something in each one!