Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   all in one machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/all-one-machine-t82377.html)

seabolt22 12-12-2010 05:29 PM

I have a Menory Craft 11000 made by Janomedoes all that. I love it.

seabolt22 12-12-2010 05:29 PM

I have a Menory Craft 11000 made by Janome, does all that. I love it.

scowlkat 12-12-2010 05:40 PM

Love my Babylock Ellisimo. Has a 10 inch throat space and wonderful embroidery and sewing features.

dewie45 12-13-2010 03:07 AM

A respectable dealer is an important factor too. I think there have been several stories posted here about problems after purchase. The first embroidery machine I bought was one used for a class I took. Luckily, I had no problem with it, but the dealer took off to avoid being arrested because of some illegal business practices. I now only use a local shop owned by long-time local residents. He is also the only local dealer who can work on various machines. For me, that trust is as important as the brand of machine, although they do carry two brands that are highly spoken about on this board. See above.

Happy shopping.!

sandyl 12-13-2010 03:33 AM

I just got the Bernina QE 440 and am in love. It will do all you've asked for. Good luck in finding YOUR right machine.

mic-pa 12-13-2010 03:35 AM

I also have a Janome 10001 and love it. does all the things I want it to. I have a dealer I can depend on which is one of the most important things. Shop around, try them out and good luck

hlponyfarm 12-13-2010 03:53 AM

I got a Brother Innovus 2800D. Through a sewing shop. it does all those things and connects to a pc, or flash drive or a card. Since I am a renew sewer the woman at the sewing store has been very helpful with the machine. they want you to love your machine. I do love my machine. So far I have played alot with teh embroidery, and worked on my appiques and quilt blocks . I did some quilting on my applique peices but I havent done any large project quilting to give an account on how it did. Hope Santa brings you a nice one!

ps a renew sewer one that used to sew as a child in school and is now almost 50 and is starting again.

Shorebird 12-13-2010 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by lavenderfire
I am an avid sewer, quilter and machine embroiderer. Does anyone known of a good machine that i can get that will do all three of these functions. I think mine is going to go to machine heaven and i would like to be prepared. I have been looking at thisboard for a few months now and have learned so much. thank you to all you ladies that help everyone and offer such wonderful ideas.

There are several.. Find a dealer who is close to you that offers classes and service after the sale.....then, go see your Viking dealer, your Brother dealer, your Bernina dealer, your Janome dealer - whichever is closer, and let them show you what they have. I have Vikings ( the Designer Diamond and the Designer Ruby) and love them and my dealer. The Bernina machines were great, but I could not get the person at the dealer to sell me the machine.........so glad now........because the service and classes provided by Viking are so much better.

grann of 6 12-13-2010 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Shorebird

Originally Posted by lavenderfire
I am an avid sewer, quilter and machine embroiderer. Does anyone known of a good machine that i can get that will do all three of these functions. I think mine is going to go to machine heaven and i would like to be prepared. I have been looking at thisboard for a few months now and have learned so much. thank you to all you ladies that help everyone and offer such wonderful ideas.

There are several.. Find a dealer who is close to you that offers classes and service after the sale.....then, go see your Viking dealer, your Brother dealer, your Bernina dealer, your Janome dealer - whichever is closer, and let them show you what they have. I have Vikings ( the Designer Diamond and the Designer Ruby) and love them and my dealer. The Bernina machines were great, but I could not get the person at the dealer to sell me the machine.........so glad now........because the service and classes provided by Viking are so much better.

Yes, I have Vikings too. I understand they are the easiest to learn to use. The support from Viking is first rate! You get what you pay for.....

craftyone27 12-13-2010 04:57 AM

First thing to decide is how much you can afford/or are willing to spend. Berninas are great machines but can be very pricey! Visit your local quilt shops and check out what they have to offer,see who has the best customer service for you. You may find just the perfect used machine at a dealer too as most take trade ins when they sell new machines. Good Luck and happy shopping!!