Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   All the "thank you" when giving quilts... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/all-thank-you-when-giving-quilts-t190558.html)

tngal22 06-01-2012 11:54 AM

All the "thank you" when giving quilts...

I just want to say that even though my DD is just 4 years old, she loves the things I make. Every time I am sewing something, she will ask if it is for her. And when I say yes, she says "for me, oh thank you!" She loves every skirt, every shirt, every blanket, and even just a mish mash of something I threw together for her.

I have given 4 quilts thus far and both have been well appreciated. I think my Mom hardly uses hers because she says it is too pretty. lol My DD's teachers thanked me over a hundred times through the rest of the school year for their quilts.

But in the end, the response I get from my DD is still the best.

Pat625 06-01-2012 12:11 PM

I think that is why most quilters give a lot away..We know it will be appreciated

M.I.Late 06-01-2012 12:32 PM

There are however, ungrateful recipients from time to time. Don't let those get to you. Just be selective of to whom you gift a quit to. You can almost predict who would and who would not appreciate them. :)

spokanequilter 06-01-2012 01:00 PM

I'm always so disappointed when people say "it's too pretty to use". I hope every quilt I make for someone gets used until it's thin and raggedy!! The best thanks are also from my daughter. I have pictures of her with my quilts wrapped around her, and she has a few thrown across the furniture in her living room. Best thank you ever!!

Learner747 06-01-2012 02:21 PM

I have a grown daughter like yours. It is a lot of fun to give to her. She overflows with gratitude. God bless them.

kateyb 06-01-2012 03:10 PM

I have 4 children: 2boys, 2 girls. All four of them really appreciate the things I make for them. They all have quilts. Just last week I sent my oldest son hot pads from orphan blocks as house warming gifts for my oldest son. I got an excited phone call to thank me for them. (There is a queen size scrappy in the works.)
The other 3 will get hot pads, too.
I have one grandson, age 7, he has 4 quilts and every one of them has been received with a, "It was just what I wanted, Grandma." and lots of big hugs.

hopetoquilt 06-01-2012 03:56 PM

My son has been the most excited when I took his old hockey jerseys that he loved (and couldn't part with but never wore) and pieced it into a quilt top. I thought it was not great looking until dmyers LAQ'ed (then it looked awesome). he uses it all the time.

Dyan 06-01-2012 04:52 PM

My 27 year old daughter still wants to know if every quilt I make is for her. She claims when I am gone, she will remove all the quilts from my house before she calls her siblings, because she likes my quilts best.

SueSew 06-01-2012 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by spokanequilter (Post 5258621)
I'm always so disappointed when people say "it's too pretty to use". I hope every quilt I make for someone gets used until it's thin and raggedy!! The best thanks are also from my daughter. I have pictures of her with my quilts wrapped around her, and she has a few thrown across the furniture in her living room. Best thank you ever!!

They might be from the same family which puts plastic covers on the furniture and makes you take off your shoes in the mudroom and...so on. But sometimes things re just to precious to use, in someone's eyes. I think you have to respect that.

tngal22 06-01-2012 06:41 PM

Oh Mom uses it and even my little cousin she keeps during the day likes to use it. But at the same time, she just likes to admire it as it lays on the back of her couch.

I got my Berenstain Bears quilt top done. I hope DH will watch the Little Bit so I can finish it up this weekend. I need batting so I plan to go get that tomorrow. I like Warm & Natural for my quilts and I am out. :(