Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   For All of You Snowed In (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/all-you-snowed-t94622.html)

dphelps 01-28-2011 07:13 AM

I am aware that the Northeast US in particular has been blasted already this year with LOTS of snow and I am wondering....do you welcome being snowed in as a chance to catch up on your sewing/quilting or are you getting cabin fever yet?

JenniePenny 01-28-2011 07:24 AM

A bit of both! I've had tons of sewing time all this month and I shudder to say this, but...... I realized last night I was getting bored.

Tink's Mom 01-28-2011 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny
A bit of both! I've had tons of sewing time all this month and I shudder to say this, but...... I realized last night I was getting bored.

Perish the thought!!! lol

SewCraftyGirl 01-28-2011 07:34 AM

My office was closed for two days, and the kids were off school for two days. I initially thought I'd have lots of time for sewing. Unfortunately, I didn't get any done at all!

Snow needed shoveling, helped a neighbor shovel who had an impossibly long driveway and was home alone with two young kids, went sledding with the kids, and realized I had a ton of laundry and house-cleaning to get done. So, a very productive and fun two days, but no sewing. ;)

Raggiemom 01-28-2011 07:53 AM

Hoepfully spring will arrive soon!

Hen3rietta 01-28-2011 07:56 AM

I'm not far from Cheryl and basically have been dealing with getting snow cleared from another impossibly long driveway and doing housework. The house always seems to require more work when you're forced to stay in for some reason.

Diana near snowy King of Prussia

Normabeth 01-28-2011 08:30 AM

Acutally, by the time we dig out and go to work,(I work for a place that never closes) I am too exhausted when we get home to do anything!!! LOL
NormaBeth

QBeth 01-28-2011 08:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by dphelps
I am aware that the Northeast US in particular has been blasted already this year with LOTS of snow and I am wondering....do you welcome being snowed in as a chance to catch up on your sewing/quilting or are you getting cabin fever yet?

Snow? What snow? Oh, you mean this white stuff that has buried my fence? We've had 40+ inches in the last month. Like everyone else, between shoveling and other life events, I haven't really had any extra time for sewing. Pity. Wish it worked that way!

There's a fence buried there!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]113774[/ATTACH]

sueisallaboutquilts 01-28-2011 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom

Originally Posted by JenniePenny

Perish the thought!!! lol

Have you taken your temperature??? lol :-D :-D

donnajean 01-28-2011 10:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Took me all day yesterday to find my mailbox & dig it out after the plows went by during the night. My wrists hurt too bad to sew now. This is our 10th major storm since day after Xmas & it just started snowing again.