Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Almost slipped off the wagon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/almost-slipped-off-wagon-t87600.html)

quiltsRfun 01-04-2011 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
Oh you guys are so bad!! I would have caved and bought the fabric!!

It's still in my shopping basket.

dkabasketlady 01-04-2011 11:51 AM

If your DH is so impressed with the quilt and fabrics, then I'd go ahead and BUY the fabric. Please show us pics!!!

suebee 01-04-2011 11:55 AM

Yah, what they said!!

quilt addict 01-04-2011 11:58 AM

This is soooo funny. I hope you will do what is right for you. I think I would have caved immediately.

I am trying to use my stash or sew projects that are in my stash this year also.

quiltsRfun 01-04-2011 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
If your DH is so impressed with the quilt and fabrics, then I'd go ahead and BUY the fabric. Please show us pics!!!

It needs to be a little farther along before I can share pics. He's also seen the pattern I'm working from so has an idea about the design.

Raggiemom 01-04-2011 12:14 PM

Have your husband push the final purchase button!

Quilter7x 01-04-2011 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
You guys are no help! LOL But I have to admit I like your logic.

Aren't quilters the best! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everyone has great ideas and I have a funny feeling you just might get some new fabric for this quilt! :thumbup:

KathyAire 01-04-2011 12:41 PM

I had some running around to do today and happened by the fabric store. I feel off the wagon. So, if you do buy the fabric, I'll be waiting for you. Once you fall off, it's kind of like dieting, I already ate one cookie so why not eat the rest of the package.......... I'm not going to make any more promises to not buy fabric.

quiltsRfun 01-04-2011 12:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OK, here's some pics. I'm making an Eleanor Burns Quick Quarter quilt. You need 24 fat quarters. So one pic is of my fabrics and the other is of the pattern. Hope I don't get in trouble for posting the pic from the book.

My daughter and SIL visited Hawaii last year so I'm calling the quilt Trip to Hawaii. I had to ask some sneaky questions last night to make sure I'm making it the right size.

My fat quarters lined up in the order I'm using them.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]153337[/ATTACH]

Design from Eleanor Burns Quick Trip Quilts. Hope mine turns out this nice.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]153339[/ATTACH]

thepolyparrot 01-04-2011 01:04 PM

It would take a whole lot less than that to push me off the wagon, sad to say! Hubs is everything to me, so if he were to say that he particularly liked something, that shopping cart would turn into a line on the debit card so fast your head would go round and round! :)

I LOVE your fabrics for the Quick Quarter - I've been watching the Quick series on Eleanor Burns' web site - they sure look easy when she does them. She's such a genius at making complicated things simpler.