Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Am I doing something wrong? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/am-i-doing-something-wrong-t101918.html)

Lisa 02-23-2011 02:22 PM

Mary,

No you are not doing anything wrong. I checked your post(s) and you average 29 per picture post, I think thats great, keep in mind that alot more look than post. As far as the looking I think that some are very cleaver with thier "captions" that cause more people to look. As far as the posting; I can only speak for myself when I say there are so many to look at that there is no way I can respond to all that I see. I choose to respond to the ones that are something I've done, something I want to do or something I'm interested in. Example, I looked at your table runner and I thought it was beautiful; honestly, but since I don't make table runners I didn't post anything but......I did look! I have time to look at all of them, that's my favorite part but I don't have time to post to all of them or even to post to "all" the ones that I would like to.Does that make sense?

IBQLTN 02-23-2011 02:23 PM

No, don't take it personally. Are you posting them in the pictures pages? Because I usually respond unless there are already a dozen pages and I figure by then the poster has probably moved on to another project.

Peggy in chilly Florida

G'ma Kay 02-23-2011 02:29 PM

I have to say, I don't recognize your title. Do you have your settings so everyone can see you? Makes a difference. I don't often comment on photos, but I do print them off and put them in a notebook for future inspirations. Don't be discouraged. Keep at it, but check your settings.

Marty K 02-23-2011 02:35 PM

I'm trying to figure out how to say "hello" for the first time! I've been reading the board and wanted to join you, but am very very computer illerate! I don't mean to take away from the subject at hand. SO, here are hugs to the one unhappy quilter!!!!

GloBug 02-23-2011 02:39 PM

It could be that some think they have already read enough or answered . We realy do care. I know sometimes I run out of time and do not get to answer or reed all of the posts. :oops:

Junie 02-23-2011 03:07 PM

you do pretty work. keep up the good work, and you are doing a precious job of taking care of you special son. God bless you and yours

NO you are not doing anything wrong.

cheryl rearick 02-23-2011 03:09 PM

I've only posted a couple. I find this board is really for me, I learn so much here so I almost look at it as a class room, When I posted my one lol good baby quilt for CHD charity, I was my own best critic. It seemed odd actually looking at my work. I have even made a few very wonderful friends. So Mary would you like to be one of my friends? and many (((((hugs)))) by the way I am just a basic quilter, enjoy and have never made one of those far out ones that are show pieces (maybe someday lol) Stay with us. have a great day.

Mornigstar 02-23-2011 03:14 PM

took me over an hour to find how to look at what you posted
--looked--they are all great --never posted just made comments--still learning how to use camera --then i will catch up with the quilts I made in last few yrs.

EllijaysUFOqueen 02-23-2011 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Magdalena
I am sorry that you feel hurt. If it makes you feel better, it happens to me often too. I notice that many people read the topic, but don't reply. So, I personally have put more value on those who do respond. By the way, I lived in the San Gabriel Valley for 13 years. I love San Marino :)

I read most topics posted but very seldom reply. Not that I don't "like" something but usually all I can add is another "fantastic or beautiful or ???". So don't feel hurt. Also, I am a newbie, very new to quilting and spend most of my time, reading and learning and soaking up all the knowledge I can from all the wonderful ladies and gentlemen that share.

Lucky Lindy 02-23-2011 03:38 PM

That is too bad you feel that way! I don't think anyone intentionally would pass by your posts. Myself, sometimes I am trying to fly thru the board and don't have enough time to make all the comments I'd like to. Keep posting, we love seeing everyone's creations!