Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Am I doing something wrong? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/am-i-doing-something-wrong-t101918.html)

sewgarden 02-24-2011 01:11 PM

Definately not you. Sometimes I'm just to lazy or in to much of a hurry to respond. Sorry. I will try to do bettrt

Kitsie 02-24-2011 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by woody1229
Hi - I've been on this board for nearly a year, and I go on it every day, usually more than once a day, because I love looking at everyone's work and seeing what others are talking about. I respond to other peoples' posts, too, although maybe not as often as others.

But when I post a picture of my latest completed project, I have found that I get a very minimal response from the rest of the board. Most pictures get over 100 responses, many get much more than that, while mine have been averaging under 20. This has happened so many times that I am forced to wonder if there is some unwritten rule I am breaking that I don't know about. I wouldn't ask, except that it happens every time. It's starting to bug me a bit, even hurt my feelings a little.

I love this board, but I'm not really feeling the love in return. Please be honest, is it me?

Mary B.

Not every time, surely! I just checked out one of yours with 5 pages of comments! Keep up the good work!

nabobw 02-24-2011 04:28 PM

Please do not feel bad. I do post on some of the pictures I see but some I do not and it is not because I do not like them I just don't have the time some days.

Marvel 02-24-2011 04:37 PM

You see a person sitting here and wondering. Did I say something out of turn. I like to add a note to some things but have to limit my time. I have loved the response if it helped my understanding the way of a pattern the colors.? I do not know how to post a picture. I do try to tell something I think is so pretty you just go AAHHH and it looks like one you would like to own. I enjoy the freedom of asking a question, offering a idea, telling someone that has asked which one. It is a wonderful group. I have never done this before and I guess I am still learning. I will learn the picture trick and show some of my quilts warts and all. Hang in there and learn along beside me. We are never alone. Hugs to you my friend.

Rettie V. Grama 02-24-2011 05:27 PM

don't be sad Woody. It will all work out in the end. Post some more and give a very good explanation of them. I think people are more interested in the explanation than the pictures.l

Hi - I've been on this board for nearly a year, and I go on it every day, usually more than once a day, because I love looking at everyone's work and seeing what others are talking about. I respond to other peoples' posts, too, although maybe not as often as others.

But when I post a picture of my latest completed project, I have found that I get a very minimal response from the rest of the board. Most pictures get over 100 responses, many get much more than that, while mine have been averaging under 20. This has happened so many times that I am forced to wonder if there is some unwritten rule I am breaking that I don't know about. I wouldn't ask, except that it happens every time. It's starting to bug me a bit, even hurt my feelings a little.

I love this board, but I'm not really feeling the love in return. Please be honest, is it me?

Mary B.

1screech 02-24-2011 05:57 PM

There is so much on the board, that I don't always comment even when I like the quilt. Part of that reason is I stay so behind on my e-mail and I know I am going to get another e-mail on other's comments. My favorite part of this board is the show and tell. I cannot remember a quilt I did not love including yours. Don't feel bad because some days I want to comment also but I know if I stop to write the comment, I won't get through all the postings.

hollyberry 02-24-2011 07:26 PM

I am relatively new to the board. I must confess that my work load the last month has left me very little time to check every topic much less respond to all. I am hoping work slows down so I can spend more time on the board. Please don't stop posting pictures though I love looking at all the pictures and am envious because I haven't finished a project in over two years.

Shorebird 02-25-2011 03:26 AM

Many of us do read and enjoy.....but have such a limited amount of time, that if we post, we do not have time to see everything that was posted. Do not feel hurt.....your posts are being read and enjoyed by HUNDREDS more than the posts you received!!

kwiltkrazy 02-25-2011 01:30 PM

Mary B.

It's not only you, my post only get a few responses, usually only one page. Don't feel left out I think your stuff is great.

hyoung4779 02-27-2011 01:47 PM

Nope you aren't doing anything wrong. Your quilt is beautiful! Good choice of colors. I am not on every day.