Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Am I doing something wrong? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/am-i-doing-something-wrong-t101918.html)

CarrieAnne 02-23-2011 06:42 AM

Hugs! I am on dial up, so I dont gt to look at the pictures alot. It takes along time to load. Sometimes if I am at BFs I will get to look!
I think it depends on the times too, on a busy night the pages change so quick!!!!!!!

reginalovesfabric 02-23-2011 06:46 AM

no, I look a lot but rarely comment, I'm at work so I don't have time to comment often.

Annaquilts 02-23-2011 06:50 AM

Sending you some love and going to look at your pictures. I do think some people are a little higher profile and maybe get more responses. It is just the way life is. The rest of us are with you. ~smile~

Well definitely getting enough looks and responses in this post.

I went through my info and it seems for the 33 topics I started there were 3 topis that got more then a hundred responses. Many posts got 0-20 responses. None of the picture posts for quilts finnished got 100 or more responses.

Jeanniebelle 02-23-2011 06:50 AM

I do not think it is anything you are doing. It could be that those responding to the pictures are picking and choosing which ones to respond to. I have not submitted any pictures of finished quilts or quilts in progress yet. One reason is that I do not have a camera that I can download them onto my computer and the other reason is that I do not have any quilts ready to show enough progress on. Keep pitching and maybe next time you will receive over 100 responses. Jeanniebelle

QuiltingrandmafromMi 02-23-2011 06:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've had that happen too! Maybe they need to put this into 2 categories. 1 for articles people just want you to read, and 2 for those that want a response!

dpparris 02-23-2011 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by pam1966

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I look at the pictures that are posted, but I rarely post on them. I have to get some things done in the house, and there just aren't enough hours in the day to post on every picture shown.

Same here! Maybe I should at least put something. But saying the same thing over and over again, even though I do MEAN it, seems a bit redundant.

I Agree, Most of the time people have already said what I think and I hate to repost the same thing.

CompulsiveQuilter 02-23-2011 07:05 AM

I think sometimes it has to do with the title of the post - something catchy or personal and the excitement is contagious. I had the most responses ever to a title that said "I did it! I meandered!" I also most always click on the ones that say my first, or my second quilt because I want to pass on some encouragement.

QuiltingWithMissy 02-23-2011 07:07 AM

Woody, It is like a quilt guild here. There are clicks and if you belong to one you will get praises for your quilt. If you don't belong to one them there will be only a few comments.
This being said I bet I am ask to not post here any longer. I have heard a lot of my life the truth will set you free.

NanaCsews2 02-23-2011 07:11 AM

I personally wouldn't be offended about the number of posts, but be thrilled about the number of views. Draw your audience in with a creative topic posting. I get on here everyday and go through as many posts as I can, but will not reply to every one. But, don't stop posting, we still want to look at all you accomplish! Thanks for sharing with us!

LindaR 02-23-2011 07:12 AM

I am very guilty of not responding but going in and looking at pictures of quilts. sometimes it just lack of time (dial/up network grrrrr) and things load very slowly. Don't feel bad, we all just love seeing quilts. hugs