Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Am I getting my Sew-Jo Back? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/am-i-getting-my-sew-jo-back-t320205.html)

Watson 03-03-2023 06:46 PM

Am I getting my Sew-Jo Back?

I made a block today. Yes...just one.
First thing I've done since my husband dropped the bomb in November. I just haven't been able to start or even plan anything. No interest at all, even with this lovely new sewing studio.

I happened across a MSQ Triple Play today on half rectangles and one of them caught my eye so I pulled out some fabric and made up a block. It was kind of nice. We will see if I feel like making more tomorrow.
At least it's a start.

Watson

Becky Andersen 03-03-2023 07:00 PM

Good for you! Your energy has been directed elsewhere since November and your renewed interest in quilting is a sure sign of the beginning of your healing process. You got this!!! And for sure you have many more beautiful quilts in your furture.

Rhonda Lee 03-03-2023 07:47 PM

My dear Watson, I had to go back and read other posts to find out what happened. I do read here periodically, not much on the replies though. I've had a few setbacks the last 2 or 3 years, so haven't been able to respond much. However, I did want to give you my love, and encouragement. I believe you are a very strong person, and your decisions are carefully made. I've always enjoyed reading your posts and marveled at your talents. I'm wishing you the best life has to offer and that you'll continue to find the strength you need. You will always be someone others will look up to and be inspired by you. Thank you for making this world a better place.

GingerK 03-03-2023 08:08 PM

I think your mojo has always been there. It's just taking its time and absorbing all of your emotions. When it totally re-emerges (erupts) in its entirety, I believe you will take another huge artistic step. Really looking forward to seeing the result. Hugs

c joyce 03-03-2023 08:27 PM

You go girl! We're all rooting for you and anxious to see your artistry again.

aashley333 03-04-2023 04:02 AM

Good for you! One block at a time!

QuiltMom2 03-04-2023 04:43 AM

Thank heaven! I've so enjoyed your posts over the years and I'm hoping you'll have even better quilts (if possible!) to share.

farmquilter 03-04-2023 05:36 AM

Watson, you are your way back to something that you are so very good at--making quilts. Add me to the list of 'cheerleaders' from the board. Don't forget to post pics for us to enjoy.

QuiltBaer 03-04-2023 05:38 AM

Good for you! Whose block did you like the best? I usually like Natalie's quilt the most.

cashs_mom 03-04-2023 06:36 AM

That's a great start! I went thru a life trauma about 10 years back. I didn't sew for months. I used to go and just sit in my sewing room and watch TV, but really didn't have any interest in sewing at all. I finally did a bit of organizing and after a while I started sewing again. Give yourself time to heal and it will come back.