Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Am I the only one? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/am-i-only-one-t174195.html)

mighty 01-02-2012 04:29 PM

Put mine away yesterday. Did not want to but got it done. Went to M&L fabrics today and purchased a lot of fabric to get the year started off right.LOL

CajunQuilter2 01-02-2012 04:45 PM

would have done some quilting/sewing but have been fighting a cold/sinus infection for the 3rd time in 3 months and I know if I work on something when not felling well I mess it up every time. And I still have 4 projects I need to get done.

Country1 01-02-2012 04:52 PM

Wish I could have done either, not been a good day here. Had kitchen sink fixed ( very little water pressure ) then inspection of gas pack ( heating and cooling unit.) Wouldn't you know it, rust thru something or nother, they shut off our gas until we get new unit. Needless to say a VERY expensive day!
So on the up side, I guess we'll just have to snuggle in front of the fireplace tonight. Calling for temps in the teens tonight.

CindyA 01-02-2012 04:55 PM

We put our tree up the latest ever! It went up on Christmas Eve and all but one strand of lights were burnt out (it's prelit). Too late and tired to worry about it so we had a partially lit tree - kind of pitiful looking like the Charlie Brown tree. We also had put up new lights on the two tall holly trees on either side of the front porch. We got that done the weekend after Thanksgiving on a really nice day, so at least we had time to enjoy those. They were so pretty and not too difficult to put up using the extendable pole that we trim trees with. But those strands started burning out a day or two before Christmas!! It was too depressing to look at all the burnt out lights and we couldn't get them fixed, so we took everything down a couple days after Christmas. The earliest that's ever been finished, also!

dakotamaid 01-02-2012 05:06 PM

My decorations are always put away on Jan 1st or 2nd as my daughter's birthday is the 4th. We liked her day to be separate from Christmas when she was little and the habit has stayed with us. I've been busy sewing a gift. Shhhhhhhhh!

deedum 01-02-2012 05:18 PM

We got most of ours down, then I cut out a tumbler baby quilt and realized I don't have what I want for the border material. Then I fell and now nothing is getting done, decorations or quilting.

Ginny B 01-02-2012 05:24 PM

Christmas decorations will be up until next weekend. We don't take them down until after Jan. 6 and like a few others have said, now that the hustle and bustle has calmed down, I can relax and enjoy the tree. I worked on cleaning up my craft/sewing area and I oiled my FW - then I made myself a January mug rug for my desk at work-- blue material with snowflakes. Going to finish putting the binding on now while watching tv.

QuiltnCowgirl 01-02-2012 05:26 PM

Yup - me too! Been off for 3 days and all I managed to get done was to wash the Christmas table linens LOL.

Marni 01-02-2012 06:01 PM

Yep-that's been me-sewing instead of cleaning up-life is good :)))

QuiltnNan 01-02-2012 06:33 PM

it takes so much work to put up the decor that i want to enjoy it longer. i usually don't put it away until mid month.