Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Am I the only one who hates their machine threader? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/am-i-only-one-who-hates-their-machine-threader-t33548.html)

Ohio Star Quilter 01-08-2010 06:31 AM

I have a Brother Innov-is computerized sewing machine. I finally mastered the art of the auto threader after having the machine for a couple years.(Slow learner) The needle has to be in the highest position and the stitch number has to be on zero. Been working great. Hope this helps you, I also us Schmetz needles.

oldswimmer 01-08-2010 06:34 AM

I may be in the minority here.. but I love mine. I have a Pfaff and it works like a charm. But, you do have to have the needle in the highest position. Plus I had to read the instructions again and again till I finally remembered how to do it! LOL

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 01-08-2010 06:53 AM

Oh good! I'm glad to know I'm not totatlly inept! I have NEVER been able to do it either.

cande 01-08-2010 07:18 AM

My new machine has it but it's a bother; as long as my eyes hold out, I'll thread the needle the old fashioned way.

sharon b 01-08-2010 07:25 AM

Can't get my Brother threader to work either .
it is just easier for me to do it the old
fashion way :wink:

Jingle 01-08-2010 07:40 AM

I have a Quilters Star Machine - No longer use - auto-threader use to work real good but, while quilting a twin quilt the quilt got caught on it and now it doesn't work. I found when I was using that machine - it just got in my way. When I decide to take it in for service, etc. I may see if they will just take it off.

mpspeedy 01-08-2010 07:47 AM

The one on my Bernina embroidery machine I can operate. The one on the new Bernina 220 I bought just doesn't work for me. I love the threader that came with my Bernina 1260. It is a little thing that slides into the side of the machine when you are not using it. I hope they still sell extra ones. I mean to buy all that the dealer has so that I am never out of them.
I think the reason they put the automatic threaders on the machines is so you couldn't use the feet from machines without them. I probably have fifty feet for my 1260 that won't fit the 220 for that reason.

cjc 01-08-2010 07:54 AM

Mine works great if you use the needles that came with the machine. They seem to have bigger eyes than some that you buy.

Candace 01-08-2010 07:57 AM

I just don't use mine. Why, I don't know. Maybe if my eyes got bad or? So, I don't hate it, it's just ignored.

BellaBoo 01-08-2010 08:01 AM

The threader on my Singer Quantum is the easiest one I've ever used. It works first time every time. It should be the standard for all machine threaders. The one on my Brother high speed straight stitch I have never figured out and have never got the thread in the needle with it. The one on my Janome Gem works only if I use Organ needles.

Speaking of Organ needles, that is the brand that comes with 99% of all new machines.