Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   am not going to make anymore for family (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/am-not-going-make-anymore-family-t85584.html)

AnnieH 12-28-2010 01:08 AM

Rude rude rude.

Hold your head up.
Annie

phatquilts 12-28-2010 01:30 AM

So incredibly sorry that the family gave you such rude and unappreciative reactions.
That happened in our family, too. So no more quilts for the adults. I have made a few for the newborns because I love making quilts and just want them to have them {{love}}.
I can only hazard a guess that people who do not craft/sew/quilt are clueless about the thought, time and effort that is put into these gifts. Not to mention your heart felt love and spirit.

What kind of purse(s) do you like to make? Do you have one/two now-so that you could post a picture?

Happy New Year to you.

hospicenurse 12-28-2010 02:24 AM

(grrrrr).......don't yeah just want to.....

watterstide 12-28-2010 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by Barbm
then adopt me. I love anything handmade and truly appreciate the hard work put into it.

That said- my dil made me a bow tucks purse. I LOVE it!

Me too! i love homemde gifts!

my DD didn't have money for gifts this year, so she knitted everyone in the family scarfs! ( i sent coupons for her to florida) they were all loved!

leamelon 12-28-2010 03:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi sorry I don't do it at akk anymore. I found one of mine full of cigarette holes at A relatines houise. However my daighter came for xmas she has 3 of my quilts and really appreciates. them and wabted to take 4 more

Janj 12-28-2010 03:35 AM

Sadly not all appreciate what goes into homemade gifts... I sorry you had to experience such a situation... They should have realized how much it means when one makes gifts ~ much more meaningful than any store bought, but not all do..... I sure do and thankfully my family does too.....

CraftsByRobin 12-28-2010 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Oh geez,

Take them all back and send them to us.......lol

I so agree with you !!!

JHolm 12-28-2010 04:03 AM

I know the feeling. I made dresses for my GD's ages 1,2, & 5 and haven't heard a word from their moms.

Mkotch 12-28-2010 04:15 AM

Sometimes it's the color or style that just doesn't suit. I received a purse from a friend this year. I will use it when I see her, but it is not "me." I hate to be ungrateful because I know she worked hard on it, but it just isn't my taste.

ScrappyCat 12-28-2010 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by ftkls501
I am no longer going to make pureses for family I worked soooo hard getting every one a purse to only have them not like them. They were like oh ths is what you got us? It is not what i expected exspeacially after working so hard but one thing i have learned it is not their thing. I felt like i worked for nothing. I wish they could know how much work and love went into them.

Oh Dear...Last Christmas I did the same thing making quilted and hand embroidered totes for each lady or girl in my family...about 17!!! Most did not appreciate them at all, and two of them left them behind, and when I asked them about why they didn't take them, they denigned not taking them, but I had them....so I decided I'd keep them for myself since I hadn't made any for myself! I just could not believe they didn't appreciate atleast my efforts! Even a couple of my granddaughters acted like they were dumb. They were beautiful! The funny thing is that several of the men in my family were actually upset I had not made them one...and they meant it! Go figure!!!