Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anonymous "Gift Horse"...Suggestions? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anonymous-gift-horse-suggestions-t202124.html)

ArtsyOne 10-03-2012 03:31 AM

I'm with the others - provide no information, block the person and adjust your settings to highest privacy. If by some chance Nato asked someone to find out what type of frame you want, and he's just pretending he knows nothing about it, then both he and the other person will find that asking you directly is the best policy.

#1piecemaker 10-03-2012 03:51 AM

I think I would just post what I wanted and then not give any other information. Sure don't give any personal information. What could that hurt? Weird though.

chips88 10-03-2012 04:00 AM

strange things happen . i would not let it go any further...

JabezRose 10-03-2012 04:07 AM

Anyone can sign up for QB and find out that someone needs a machine, use it as a way to possibly scam the person that needs one. Many here have said, "Hit delete". Sounds like good advice to me. We are not safe on QB from scammers although I would like to believe everyone on here is truthfull and can be trusted. Be wise.

Daylesewblessed 10-03-2012 04:14 AM

I don't know much about Facebook, but if this person is a "friend", can you go to their page and learn more about them to solve the mystery? If not, I would ignore the request for information completely. If the request is legitimate, they will find another way to contact you and be up front about who they are.

ragquilter 10-03-2012 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by JabezRose (Post 5558761)
Anyone can sign up for QB and find out that someone needs a machine, use it as a way to possibly scam the person that needs one. Many here have said, "Hit delete". Sounds like good advice to me. We are not safe on QB from scammers although I would like to believe everyone on here is truthfull and can be trusted. Be wise.

I was thinking, well what's the harm. But you make a very good point and I have to agree with you. Thanks for the insight, I hadn't looked at it that way.

HillCountryGal 10-03-2012 04:41 AM

The fact that this person said don't tell Nato makes me VERY suspicious.
Delete = ignore, something about this doesn't pass the smell test.

Roberta 10-03-2012 04:44 AM

If there's a stalker out there who want's to buy us quilting gifts, count me in :-)

nhweaver 10-03-2012 04:49 AM

I would reply with the model, serial number, store, website, phone number - and enjoy the suspense. Also any gadget that goes along with it that you would like. Then sit back and enjoy life. Consider it like a lottery ticket, you have a chance that it can be for "real".

After posting the reply, I would unfriend this person on facebook. The message didn't ask for personal stuff, but hey, we put out info for sweepstakes, giveaways, and buy online using credit cards all the time. And a stalker who buys quilting stuff? Well, that is weird>

Geri B 10-03-2012 05:24 AM

I do not belong to Facebook and this thread has strengthened my decision. It would be like a stranger in the bedroom.....chills........