Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Any Husband/Wife or Wife/Husband quilting teams out there? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/any-husband-wife-wife-husband-quilting-teams-out-there-t33515.html)

BeachBirdie 01-10-2010 12:45 PM

I am so blessed. My husband is such a help. He's a woodworker and he loves puzzles so he helps me out more than he realizes. I can always "talk out" a problem I may have and he's even taught me another way of doing something. He's so patient with me in the fabric store and will always go to the quilt shows with me. We have a sewing room but since my name is Robin we call it "The Nest"...he works on his puzzles while I sew. It's very nice. I am getting ready to start a puzzle quilt for him...he even picked out the fabric!

cumberlandquiltchick 01-10-2010 12:52 PM

After buying my daughter a sewing machine last fall, I'm finding out that her husband is the one using it! :)
I asked her how it was going w/sewing and she said, "Oh, it's really fast. I cut and he sews..." lol I think it's wonderful! He's very creative and she's better if she has someone to motivate her to get started, so it works out great.

wesing 01-10-2010 06:28 PM

John -

I am the computer poster, fabric picker, and fabric cutter in my family. My wife was the sewer. That arrangement worked fine until se started taking a class at Little Blessings in Crossville, TN.

The teacher and my wife convinced me to work on my own quilt. The rest, as they say, is history. I have been working on my class quilt, as well as some friendship stars for two of our nieces. My Rail Fence is looking really good. We learned a lot from Julia; if any of you are near Crossville I highly recommend her.

The niece's quilts are coming along great and I haven't lost too many points. :-) They will be late Christmas presents when we can get them done and quilted. For now they are happy with their matching pillow cases.

I'm finding that I enjoy the work and am glad that I can contribute to the completion of the projects. My wife sings, so she has a good creative outlet. I sing in the church choir with her, but that's about the extent of that. I'm glad we have something creative that we can do together. Our dining room has become the sewing room, and it gets a lot more use now.

Darren

ladygen 01-10-2010 08:31 PM

My husband loves sitting and playing at my sewing machine, and gives me great opinions and helpful ideas... but whenever I ask him, he inevitably says "you know I don't really care, right?" I know he'd be happy with whatever I want to do, but I know he cares (at least a little bit) because he'll switch fabrics out when I'm matching/coordinating, or help me arrange what will go next in a scrappy block.

He also wants to make a denim rag quilt (I'm s-l-o-w-l-y working on a back-pocket uilt) for our son to make forts with - sewing pockets onto the corners so it can be weighted and stay on chairs and tables and what-not to hide under.

I find it so stinkin cute that he pushes so hard against doing it with me, but then gets so excited about his own little projects (or making a block for me, since he wanted to play with my new machine too!). One of these days (weeks, months, years?) he'll find himself sewing right along side me!