Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Any of the old time users still on here? From 20 years ago? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/any-old-time-users-still-here-20-years-ago-t323908.html)

lindadee 04-17-2024 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8645495)
You can see how long any of us have been on the board by our "join date" below our names and avatars. I thought this board began around 2010....

Too many of our original group are no longer with us because they have passed away. It's sad to read old threads and see their posts, chatting away. We miss them and are the richer for having known them, even if just for a few years.

What a lovely way to look at it. It IS wonderful to be able to read what others contributed years after they have left us.

Rhonda Lee 04-19-2024 07:23 PM

The year 2010 was my first experence with this wonderful quilting board hope to have many more.

QuiltingNinaSue 04-22-2024 02:50 PM

I used to belong to a similar group, and international one as I recall before I retired, then found this one and have participated in several Farmers Wife quilts on board here, with Honchey, (?) Jeanie G., SewBiz, and others. Stopped quilting groups in middle of 50 Stars because of eye sight problems. Age keeps taking its toll, but finally getting logged back on here is great. Carrie was another one with the group back then. Memories are wonderful. I am still petting my fabric and taking care of husband Jerry. And feeling blessed to be able to take care of him.

lindadee 04-22-2024 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 8645996)
I used to belong to a similar group, and international one as I recall before I retired, then found this one and have participated in several Farmers Wife quilts on board here, with Honchey, (?) Jeanie G., SewBiz, and others. Stopped quilting groups in middle of 50 Stars because of eye sight problems. Age keeps taking its toll, but finally getting logged back on here is great. Carrie was another one with the group back then. Memories are wonderful. I am still petting my fabric and taking care of husband Jerry. And feeling blessed to be able to take care of him.

Age really takes a toll on us, doesn't it. I tell my husband I want to "go" first, as I can't imagine being left behind without him.

QuiltingNinaSue 04-23-2024 06:15 AM

After 58 years together, helping one another I can greet each day with a smile. Another day to show my love for him, and do whatever I can to help him. I do enjoy it most of the times and know we all exit to the next level someday....and I hope I can care for him as long as I have him. I would love to find a good worker in the area that would help us out 16 hours of every month, but even with insurance paying $20 an hour, no takers yet,

Minnesewta-sam 04-25-2024 06:15 AM

I joined 4-28-2010, and although I don't post a lot, I try to check in once a day to see what's new. I picked the name because I'm in MN and my initials are SAM.