Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Are any of you like (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/any-you-like-t139311.html)

janell2009 07-21-2011 03:16 PM

What an interesting question... I guess I am a repeater... I love to get into a routine and it is hard to break me of it... So I have done several quilts more than once.. In fact I think I have never done one only once. hehhehehee. But hay if we were all alike what a boring world it would be... I admire you, willing to take on a challenge of a new pattern... I am always terrified of a new pattern.. hehehhee That is why I had hard time with cloths. I would have to make one from scrap 1st before I could use the good fabric.. LOL.

JUNEC 07-21-2011 03:17 PM

It depends on the pattern - I love to make certain quilt patterns using different fabrics - it always amazes me how different something looks when you change colors & fabrics

suern3 07-21-2011 03:17 PM

That is exactly why I have a hard time making placemats! Afte doing the first one, I don't like doing the same thing over again. Speaking of which I have two more placemats to make for my DD. I made her two at Christmas time, which she said she only wanted two and then later she decided four would be better! They are pending...

QuiltnNan 07-21-2011 03:25 PM

i prefer to challenge myself to new patterns. however, i have been known to make the same one more than once.

Painiacs 07-21-2011 03:36 PM

I may repeat with different color but I will do it all at once. Right now I'm making 3 frog quilts in diff colors but when finished I don't usually do them again. Too many other patterns to try!

leatheflea 07-21-2011 03:57 PM

Theres one quilt I've done 3 times. Rebel flag quilt, I had to come up with the pattern myself because I couldnt find one. Then someone seen it, and wanted one and then another. But for the most part I dont do repeats either.

ckcowl 07-21-2011 04:49 PM

yup-me too- i never make the same thing twice- in fact it is next to impossible to get me to make a number of the same blocks for a quilt- by 2 or 3 i am usually over it and ready to do something else- guess thats' why i like samplers the best. all different blocks in the quilt-
and when someone sees a quilt and asks hey- could you make me a quilt like that i tell them-NOPE- i can make you a quilt but i can not make you that quilt-
one reason being i seldom use patterns---my quilts grow and become ... all on their own- my granddaughter's tell people- my grandma- she just wings it!

Jim 07-21-2011 10:33 PM

I love trip around the world and have made several..I love the challenge of new patterns but sometimes will make more than a few of each but I also tend to fly by the seat of my pants and make up my patterns as I go along as well...I also love grandmothers flower garden but wont ever make one...my wife is making a beautiful one, all by hand

quilterella 07-22-2011 01:28 AM

I usually only do a pattern once, but, DH's family seem to like log cabins and dresden plates, so I have made a few of these. If I re-do either of these patterns, I do them differently. The last dresen plate I made, I set on-point. The log cabin in my avatar had the horse appliqued on it for my DGD, and I am currently doing one that has bunnies and puppies appliqued on the top row for DH's sister's GD. So, even though I may re-do a pattern, no two are alike.

willis.debra 07-22-2011 02:02 AM

I'm like you. I only like to something once. i also like to do my own patterns. Right now I am working on an pieced and applique wall hanging (I think) that I drew all the applique patterns for. I like sampler quilts though, because of so many different patterns in a quilt.