Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anybody sewing today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anybody-sewing-today-t31213.html)

beckyw 12-09-2009 07:46 AM

We got snowed in so I'm going to sew. Did anybody else get snowed in. I'm blaming it on the librarian. She wanted to stay home today. She got her wish.

marsye 12-09-2009 07:51 AM

I'm not sewing but I am filling orders so others can sew :-)

Wine Woman 12-09-2009 07:53 AM

Veggi'n out at the beach-relaxing from a stressfull two weekends of events with the winery! We do whatever we feel like. Hubby reads to relax - I sew!! (and shop!) I have blocks for the swap to make! Oregon coast is very beautiful and clear today but COLD!

lavandula girl 12-09-2009 08:00 AM

We got snowed in on Monday and Tuesday, but didn't have power for the first day. Yesterday was the catch-up day... laundry, showers, housecleaning... all the stuff we couldn't do without electricity. Now I may get some sewing done! My kids wish for snow days, and I wish for SEW days!

annmarie 12-09-2009 08:03 AM

Wisconsin got a doozy overnite. 18 inches snow in some southern cities - 8 inches here in the northwoods. More to come - everything is shut down - wind is the problem.

Done with shoveling so now it's time to sew. YEA!!!!

beachlady 12-09-2009 08:17 AM

I am in the midst of getting snowed in, but instead of sewing, I have been wrapping Christmas presents. Hope to sew later in the day. We might get up to a foot of snow!

Hope it stops before tomorrow as I have 3 doctor appointments and a long drive to get to all three.

Tiffany 12-09-2009 08:26 AM

We didn't get snowed in but I figure since there are several inches still on the ground that counts. :thumbup: I've got to go to Joanns & pick up a yard of fabric (teach me to not pay attention when cutting sizes) so I can finish a baby quilt. Plus I want to finish doing some FMQ on a couple of Xmas table runners, put binding on another, finish binding another baby quilt, begin making the fabric bowls for family members...Oops! I keep forgetting to set up for Christmas so I guess I'll drag some boxes upstairs in between sewing projects.

Christmas time = busy, busy, busy, busy... (we need an exhausted smilie!)

charismah 12-09-2009 08:47 AM

I Am hoping to sew a bit after my last biology final tonight! Can't wait for the break!

The Happy Quilter 12-09-2009 08:57 AM

Here on the coast of Maine we are getting snow and it's coming pretty rapidly. I'm hearing we are going to get around 6-8 inches of snow turning to freezing rain. A great combination for another ice storm. Hope we keep our electricity, got to sew. Well there is always the generator.

CRH 12-09-2009 09:37 AM

12 inches of snow in Nebraska, and COLD!!!!!!! 0 degrees without windchill. Drive way was cleared with snowblower til snowplow went by the street and filled up 4 feet of it again--GRRRRRRRR!! I bought my husband a snowblower so he wouldn't have a heart attack scooping snow, but that 4 feet has to be scooped after they pack it in.

Great day to sew, though!!!