Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody sewing today

We got snowed in so I'm going to sew. Did anybody else get snowed in. I'm blaming it on the librarian. She wanted to stay home today. She got her wish.

Banned
    I'm not sewing but I am filling orders so others can sew :-)

Blog Entries
    Veggi'n out at the beach-relaxing from a stressfull two weekends of events with the winery! We do whatever we feel like. Hubby reads to relax - I sew!! (and shop!) I have blocks for the swap to make! Oregon coast is very beautiful and clear today but COLD!

We got snowed in on Monday and Tuesday, but didn't have power for the first day. Yesterday was the catch-up day... laundry, showers, housecleaning... all the stuff we couldn't do without electricity. Now I may get some sewing done! My kids wish for snow days, and I wish for SEW days!

Wisconsin got a doozy overnite. 18 inches snow in some southern cities - 8 inches here in the northwoods. More to come - everything is shut down - wind is the problem.

Done with shoveling so now it's time to sew. YEA!!!!

I am in the midst of getting snowed in, but instead of sewing, I have been wrapping Christmas presents. Hope to sew later in the day. We might get up to a foot of snow!

Hope it stops before tomorrow as I have 3 doctor appointments and a long drive to get to all three.

We didn't get snowed in but I figure since there are several inches still on the ground that counts. :thumbup: I've got to go to Joanns & pick up a yard of fabric (teach me to not pay attention when cutting sizes) so I can finish a baby quilt. Plus I want to finish doing some FMQ on a couple of Xmas table runners, put binding on another, finish binding another baby quilt, begin making the fabric bowls for family members...Oops! I keep forgetting to set up for Christmas so I guess I'll drag some boxes upstairs in between sewing projects.

Christmas time = busy, busy, busy, busy... (we need an exhausted smilie!)

Blog Entries
    I Am hoping to sew a bit after my last biology final tonight! Can't wait for the break!

Here on the coast of Maine we are getting snow and it's coming pretty rapidly. I'm hearing we are going to get around 6-8 inches of snow turning to freezing rain. A great combination for another ice storm. Hope we keep our electricity, got to sew. Well there is always the generator.

CRH
    12 inches of snow in Nebraska, and COLD!!!!!!! 0 degrees without windchill. Drive way was cleared with snowblower til snowplow went by the street and filled up 4 feet of it again--GRRRRRRRR!! I bought my husband a snowblower so he wouldn't have a heart attack scooping snow, but that 4 feet has to be scooped after they pack it in.

Great day to sew, though!!!

No snow here but high winds and lots of power outages. I did sew for about an hour this morning before I went to work. I've got twisted thread catchers that I'm making for my Civil War Quilt Group for Christmas. The party is Saturday and I have 10 done with 4 more to go. I also worked on strip piecing for four patch blocks for a charity quilt and got started on a snowman apron.

Browsing quickly through the posts here, then I'm sewing this afternoon. Although we had school this morning, power went out shortly after we opened & after 4 hours we were sent home. Actually wasn't weather related, just coincidentally came w/ the bad weather. I think we didn't have a delay as they are expecting worse tomorrow & Friday... I LOVE snow days. Err, I mean "sew days!"

Banned
    Somebody send me some snow...PLEASE! :-)

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No snow here, but it is WINDY!!!!! I'm just waiting for a branch to fly in my picture window.

I'm not sewing. I'm trimming up HST for my pinwheel quilt. They only may I can get them right is to make them bigger and cut them down. Time consuming, but it looks better.

No snow here, but it is very cold - about 16 degrees!!!
    I'm going to sew in a few hours, I can't right now...

Blog Entries
    It is 14 degrees outside, no snow, but a perfect day to stay inside where it is nice and warm and sew :D:D:D

well I did a bit this morning while the kids were working on some schoolwork. I sewed yesterday though till my fingers are sore! I've just got to find a thimble that I can tolerate and not feel all thumbs in. I have three more squares to quilt and my Christmas lapquilts are ready for bindings. I have three of them to bind this week so I can mail them. No time for sore fingers here! Oh and we have no snow here just a lot of wind.

It's cold here too but no rain or snow, yes starting a new project today, that's my favorite thing is starting something new. Doing a small paper pieced table runner for Christmas, wish me luck, need to get off this computer though.

I worked on a Christmas panel quilt that I'm just finishing up the borders. Don't know if it'll get done for this Christmas, but it's fun to work on. I'm going to pin baste a table runner in a little while. It's just blustery here with a few snow flakes. I thought we'd be snowed in, but the snow turned to rain.

We're getting snowed in today!!
    I'm shutting off the computor & going to sew now.
    I hope we don't lose power when the 50 mh winds start!
    Everything is closing around the city.

Actually, we have the AC on, HOT outside - record heat temps almost... so much for sew day in sunny S FL

Quote Originally Posted by Mamaskeeto
    No snow here but high winds and lots of power outages. I did sew for about an hour this morning before I went to work. I've got twisted thread catchers that I'm making for my Civil War Quilt Group for Christmas. The party is Saturday and I have 10 done with 4 more to go. I also worked on strip piecing for four patch blocks for a charity quilt and got started on a snowman apron.
    I have no clue what twisted thread catchers are. Would you post a picture, please? I'd love to see what you are working on.

It's snowing like crazy here in Maine, no wind yet here but it's on the way. I made 6 potholders from a charm pack, they will make great christmas presents to the DDs. Oh ya I hooked up the snow plow to move all this white stuff. Beef stew is in the crock pot.

im sewing today!! trying to finish my moms christmas present quilt and a table runner for someone else. it's been so cold here the last few days--below 0 everyday, really sucks i hate the cold weather but i do enjoy staying home and working on quilt projects.
    hope everyone has a great snow day!!

Today is a new day. I have already gone to Joanns and bought a yard of fabric needed to finish one of the 4 baby quilts I'm doing. I enthusiastically cut all my pieces out and then realized I cut them at 2.5-inch increments and they needed to be 3-inches. :roll: I'll use them in something else. Now the fabric is in the washer and once it is dried I will finish the top for the baby quilt and get it sandwiched. I also have 2 table runners to finish machine quilting & then I'll have 3 Christmas runners that need to be bound. I also need to make a dozen 6-inch blocks for a snowflake block exchange and I need to make a star block for a block challenge I'm involved in. Then I need to get out the supplies and start making the fabric bowls. Once hubby comes home I will move upstairs, where I will continue to put binding on another baby quilt. Whew! I think that's all my plate can handle today. Now we'll see how much of that I actually get done. :?

I guess I should stop playing in here and actually go to my sewing room. :P

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast