Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anybody sewing today >

Anybody sewing today

Anybody sewing today

Old 12-11-2009, 01:11 PM

Have been getting up early in the AM so I can get some sewing done for Xmas gifts, one parcel mailed yesterday. Forgot to take a pictures of the scarf and pot holders. I have been getting a chuckle from reading all the posts regarding the cold temps. in your areas. Now I know you will groan when I tell you that here today it is -21c that is -6 f. But wait, Sat. is going to be -31 c that is -24 f and Sun is going to be - 30 c looking forward to Thur when it will back up to -1c.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:56 PM

Was awake at ONE this AM and did some QB reading... until I couldn't look at the monitor anymore. Then I thought, "Now why am I not stitching on the blankety-blank attic windows that I have bored the board with for so many months? So I put on as many lights as I could and picked it up and began stitching. When My fingers got tired, I did a little more of the QB. Went back and forth like that until 7 AM. I lower the heat at night so it was nice being under the quilt. I've actually got only two more rows of blocks to SID. Then I've got to tackle the inside of the windows. Let me know when you simply cannot bear to hear anymore about my attic windows. Or -- just zap me.

DH and I took a little holiday. He is newly "retired" and is still adjusting to all that time on his hands. He's actually keeping pretty busy, but I'm the one that needed to run away from home today. We're back, he's napping, and I'm here. Such a dark gloomy day. I think Santa needs to bring me some kind of good light. I need to get back to the AWs.

I am enjoying this thread.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:39 PM

This afternoon I'm piecing the backing for DH's Christmas present, a log cabin quilt. The funny thing is that I got really irritated with him at the office today-- I do the administrative work in his financial planning business-- so I picked up my purse and left in a huff to go home and sew away my bad mood. I momentarily forgot that I was going home to work on HIS present!