Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anybody sewing today >

Anybody sewing today

Anybody sewing today

Old 12-10-2009, 08:35 PM

Snow is predicted for our part of Montana Saturday thru Monday. It was
-10 yesterday morning but is a little warmer now. The snow may turn to freezing rain (always fun to drive in) but I'm hoping for snow. I finished my last Christmas table runner and am starting on a snowman door hanging. I loaded the wood stove and hid in my sewing room. I hope to get more done, especially if the snow hits.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:46 PM

CHARISMAH: Good luck on the final grade. What are you studying? I am a retire high school teacher from Rapid City, SD. 20n years and loved it. English grammer, lit. composition, etc., and poli sci.

Had been bitterly cold here last few days. Have had my thermostat up to 80 and still only 70. I stayed warm in LR. But piled on covers at night, I like BR cold. Lived for a few years in England and got use to no central heating inour bedroom. Glad I sent an elec. blanket over before we were arried. Wore it out and had to get another from Pennys.

Have a happy Weekend. To be a yropical heat wave here tomorrow 30's and Sat. 40's--HA
Old 12-10-2009, 08:46 PM

CHARISMAH: Good luck on the final grade. What are you studying? I am a retire high school teacher from Rapid City, SD. 20n years and loved it. English grammer, lit. composition, etc., and poli sci.

Had been bitterly cold here last few days. Have had my thermostat up to 80 and still only 70. I stayed warm in LR. But piled on covers at night, I like BR cold. Lived for a few years in England and got use to no central heating inour bedroom. Glad I sent an elec. blanket over before we were arried. Wore it out and had to get another from Pennys.

Have a happy Weekend. To be a yropical heat wave here tomorrow 30's and Sat. 40's--HA
Old 12-11-2009, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Its hard ot believe there are places in the US that are running the AC now. LOL! Getting very cold here!
Loretta, you can believe it. Here in South Louisiana, we had snow flurries (thirty miles away there was snow on the ground). Two days later, we had to turn on the AC. Now the heat is on. We've had lots of rain and more rain forecasted .
We just never know what we'll have from day to day.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:20 AM

We had a sprinkle of the white stuff the other day.....if one blinked, they missed it.

I would usually love to see a white Christmas but we are leaving Christmas morning after breakfast and heading for the sunshine state for the winter......

keeping our fingers crossed this year for a merry Christmas but not the white one.

Have a happy one, everyone...

mj
Old 12-11-2009, 04:28 AM

Right now I'm just getting into work for the last workday of the week.. wooo hooo for Fridays!!!!!! I was sewing last night during our weekly Thursday night quilting group and managed to get a good part done on making 3 sets of placemats for gifts. I'm not sure if I'll be sewing tonight as I think we might be putting up the tree, but tomorrow I'll be back in the sewing room sewing and quilting up a storm again!
Old 12-11-2009, 04:35 AM

Are you making Christmas gifts?
if that was an open question to all......

what had to be made is made..........
and what didn't get made... mj
Old 12-11-2009, 05:54 AM
Banned

I'm getting over a cold so haven't sewn, but working on my embroidery :D
Old 12-11-2009, 06:38 AM

Yep, sewing away. I have quite a few projects to finish up before Christmas. Only two that I have to mail tho. It's -4 out this morning and snow on the ground, but pretty blue sky and sunshine predicted for today.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:49 AM

Yes, it is getting kind of late to make anything more- unless you strive on stress! LOL! not me!
Evidently I'm living on stress! :lol: