Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone else have Gremlins... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-else-have-gremlins-t64290.html)

Quiltforme 09-11-2010 08:05 PM

Yes and he is 4 and all I have to say is where is... and the little gremlin will pop up and find exactly what I am missing :)

cjomomma 09-11-2010 08:07 PM

I totally have them. My favorite rotary cutter is missing. It vanished while I was using it. I layed it down and it was gone. I didn't even leave the area so I know no one took it. lol. I am begining to think I am losing my mind.

mzsooz 09-11-2010 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybugnana
Absolutely! I had just bought a new seam ripper that had a bigger handle because my hands are beginning to hurt. Turned around to use it and it has vanished. I thought it was the cats or Zach, but not in any of their hiding places. I have yet to find it!

My seam rippers keep vanishing so I thought I would buy one of those big handled ones so I wouldn't lose it. After reading your post I guess that idea won't work!

tcnmom 09-11-2010 08:30 PM

I know I have Gremlins because I lost my mind a long time ago. Last year, I cut out a pair of slippers. Made one and turned around to start the second one, and it was gone and has never appeared. Most have been a one legged Gremlin that took it.

SaraSewing 09-11-2010 08:31 PM

I have gremlins, ghosts, goblins and fairies. I loose things too. They love to hide a quilt piece. I cut a new one, then by dang, it's there the next day. If they would only clean too. . .

LastGrandma 09-11-2010 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by mzsooz

Originally Posted by Ladybugnana
Absolutely! I had just bought a new seam ripper that had a bigger handle because my hands are beginning to hurt. Turned around to use it and it has vanished. I thought it was the cats or Zach, but not in any of their hiding places. I have yet to find it!

My seam rippers keep vanishing so I thought I would buy one of those big handled ones so I wouldn't lose it. After reading your post I guess that idea won't work!

I solved the seam ripper problem a long time ago: I have the cap taped to my sewing machine (on the side) with the opening up. I store the seam ripper on the sewing machine when not in use! Now I am working on putting the seam ripper back in the cap EVERY time I use it! Gremlins can't pull the seam ripper off the sewing machine, evidently. LOL

moonrise 09-11-2010 09:11 PM

I can tell you a sure-fire way to find something that's gone missing. It works every time, guaranteed.

All you have to do is buy a new one.

The old one will reappear, just like magic!

:wink: :roll:

litacats 09-11-2010 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Yep...and they are named Me, Myself and I LOL

same here I am always losing things and sometimes I have just put something on top of it

MaryStoaks 09-11-2010 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by akgranny
sigh ....... i thought i was just having senior moments but they're too frequent -- am i passing from older to elderly?

I hear you! Tonight I was cooking pudding on the stove, stiring with a wire wisk. I had to go to the livingroom for a minute and when I got back to the pudding the wisk had disapeared. I got another wisk out of the drawer, I still haven't found the sticky (pudding) wisk I was using. :oops:

amandasgramma 09-11-2010 09:30 PM

Oh, yeah...but I blame the cats!!! Not too long ago, I picked up the magazine/pattern book and had forgotten I'd left my seam ripper on it. Well, it went flying. I looked, looked, cleaned, looked and couldn't find it. A month later, I went to the shelving and got out stuff to give my daughter. There was a box on the bottom shelf, and guess what I found....yip, the seam ripper. Those darn cats are hiding thing from me!!!!