Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone else have Gremlins... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-else-have-gremlins-t64290.html)

tdgiffin 09-14-2010 02:34 AM

I have Gremlins all over this house. The worst one is the sock Gremlin. He eats one of every pair of socks we have. We have another one that eats bills and homework papers, and one who eats all of the office supplies I buy.....

butterflyquilter 09-14-2010 03:30 AM

Mine isn't a gremlin--it is our resident ghost named Mark! (We get mail for someone named Mark with our last name and the post office has no idea who he is). So we blame Mark for EVERYTHING!!!! He's been around for over 10 years now.

mimiknoxtaylor 09-14-2010 03:50 AM

Got em'! I too thought it was kids but only have the 21yo home & he's a policeman so it better not be him! Like many others I have some things in multiples because of that. Just finished quilting my Lil' Twister table runner, turned to grab the binding and lo and behold-GONE. It's been 2 days & still haven't found it. I'll wait a couple more days then hit the stash :lol:

CarrieAnne 09-14-2010 03:55 AM

Yep....and LOTS of pairs of scissors here too!

TX GMimi 09-14-2010 04:03 AM

Never! I may be "older" but "elderly"??? No Way!!!! :-D :-D

steelecg 09-14-2010 04:17 AM

I totally do have an army of Gremlins - I think I could cut my sewing time in half and get a million things done if it weren't for them.

mar32428 09-14-2010 04:22 AM

Gosh, I kept putting it off to old age. If I were a little bit more organized?????????

Roxanne 09-14-2010 04:23 AM

He's got my 2" square ruler! It was just here last night, now it's gone.

quiltmom04 09-14-2010 04:30 AM

Oh my yes! I don't know whether I'm losing my sight or my mind. A friend of mine had a funny little poem (prayer, maybe, since it has a saint's name in it) that he told me - to say when you can't find something. Helps pass the time as you look for your missing object. "St. Joseph, St. Joseph, please come around! Help me find something that can not be found"! It's funny, but after a couple times of saying this and looking, I generally find it!

mimee4 09-14-2010 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Yes, I have live-in Gremlins myself. I have a live-in ghost,
i call him George, who moves things around when I forget
about him. Even my cats sometimes walk around in circles,
rubbing the legs of someone who is just barely here.
Last week George took my rotary cutter and cutting pad from
where I had put it, right after using it. After I'd ironed the backing to the fabric, marked and cut it out, started looking for it where I knew I'd put it for safe keeping, but I still haven't found it to cut the square backing for the applique figures.

I'm going to have to cut most of it with sissors, and maybe he
will see how angry I am and put it out in plain sight.

That's my story and I'm keeping it!!

And I'm going to adopt a ghost, too. That's a lot better than claiming Alzheimers :thumbup: Now to come up with a great name. Thanks for your story.