Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone ever go on a RV quilting retreat? Interested? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-ever-go-rv-quilting-retreat-interested-t115748.html)

mimistutz 04-13-2011 04:23 AM

First, I have never gone on a retreat, but everyone makes them sound so wonderful -
Second, we just upgraded to a 5th wheel and go camping when we can and love that too. So it seems natural to combine the two.
So, my question is, has anybody every gone on a camping retreat? I think it would be a lot of fun.
I am near Lancaster PA, ideal place to have one, but as I said, I've never been on a retreat, so what is involved in organizing one?
Is there any interest in this kind of retreat from people in this area or who would come to this area?
I thought late summer or fall would be a good time and there are a couple of campgrounds in the area that have rooms. (don't know yet if they are suitable), but wanted to see if there is any interest.
Sorry, lots of questions here, but I've had this idea for a while and it won't go away, so I thought I'd give it a shot. :-D

lbaillie 04-13-2011 04:30 AM

We haven't gone on a 'retreat", but we did camp in Paduach for the quilt show about 2 years ago, It was a blast, the great outdoors and quilts! what could be better. I cant remember the name of the camp site but it was on the river. Very nice

QuiltE 04-13-2011 05:15 AM

I haven't but know someone who has.

It's as you said ... combo of the two.

The one she went to, had both wood carving and quilting.

She already did quilting, so instead decided to give wood carving a try, just for the experience. So, every morning she and BIL went their way, while SIL went to the quilting. Lunch break on their own back at their campsites and then at the end of the day back to their camping life! :)

She's gone more than once and rotates between the two, each time. I know it was more than a weekend, so thinking about five days.

She's gone to various States ... I'm thinking Pennsylvania, Indiana and Florida were some, but I may be off base.

Do some googling and perhaps you will find it.

memepat 04-13-2011 05:37 AM

I'm very interested but did not know there was such. Please let me know of any you find. What fun!!! Thanks, Pat

cherylynne 04-13-2011 06:04 AM

That does sound interesting. We live in NJ, but visit Lancaster often.

redvette54 04-13-2011 06:23 AM

Check out Thunder Bay Resort in MI. I've never been, but they do have them. Looks like a real nice place.

mimistutz 04-13-2011 06:28 AM

Thanks, I'll see if I can at least get some info on how they are organized. We were in MI for vacation the last 2 years and loved it.

thequilterslink 04-13-2011 06:30 AM

Sounds like a lot of fun. Especially if there was something for the non quilting spouse to do.

Up North 04-13-2011 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by redvette54
Check out Thunder Bay Resort in MI. I've never been, but they do have them. Looks like a real nice place.

I don't think they have quilt retreats anymore the last ones on their link were from 2010 I live about 40 miles from Thunderbay Golf resort. It is in Hillman Michigan

QuiltE 04-13-2011 07:11 AM

I was curious what there might be and asked Mr. Google ....
"wood carving and quilting retreats"

First is this thread ... Check out the 2nd and look at the others!

Certainly looks like what you are interested in does exist!