Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone going shopping for after Christmas sales for 2012? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-going-shopping-after-christmas-sales-2012-a-t173181.html)

CajunQuilter2 12-27-2011 09:13 AM

The only thing I shop for after the holidays is Christmas gifts bags, wrapping paper and tissue paper for the next year.

needles3thread 12-27-2011 11:26 AM

I might go shopping tomorrow. (waiting a few days for the crowds to thin):eek:

Grandma58 12-27-2011 11:45 AM

For fabric, I shop in my bathroom and garage, except for a trip to the local Ben Franklin who has ordered fabric for me for a specific quilt. I quit doing x-mas presents years ago and instead give gifts throughout the year. In the future I may buy for adopt a family type things, but I will buy gift certificates to movies, or to a sit down restaurant, something out of the ordinary.

Lee in Richmond 12-27-2011 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by 0tis (Post 4811042)
If I did that - I would probably either misplace them or forget that I had them - great time for shopping though - I am looking for any sales on fabric - particularly moda pre-cuts - I just love that fabric

If I thought dresser drawers were for clothes this wouldn't work, but I have two big drawers dedicated to things I find during the year and also neat containers to pack stuff in. Don't use them for anything else and it's easy to go thru when an occasion arises.

GladGrams 12-27-2011 03:24 PM

If I were to shop now, I'd just spend twice as much money because I'd either forget what I bought or think of other things I'd rather give someone.

Momo 12-27-2011 04:46 PM

I shopped today for wrapping paper and found some nice clothing items for the family. Holding it until Christmas, indeed I am.

deedum 12-27-2011 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lee in Richmond (Post 4815750)
If I thought dresser drawers were for clothes this wouldn't work, but I have two big drawers dedicated to things I find during the year and also neat containers to pack stuff in. Don't use them for anything else and it's easy to go thru when an occasion arises.

I really like that idea, I could do that as I have two guest rooms with 2 dressers in each with empty drawers. I like the way you think. I just make go ahead and wrap and tag my gifts I bought for next year already. Every little bit I can get ahead, I like to do.Thanks

Actually I am using 2 drawers in my sewing room for this type of thing, now I will have those drawers for my fat quarters I am thinking. ooooh, I am smiling:)

Mauck 12-27-2011 05:12 PM

Do you shop online much? I have a quilt store I buy from online that has 20% off there precuts all the time even the new ones.

Maybe1day 12-31-2011 03:26 PM

Unfortunately not for gifts no, it is too early (I always forget where I put something or else the intended recipient will buy it for themselves during the year) but I will be shopping for bon bons and tinsell,decorations, serviettes etc for Christmas in July.