Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone have a QuiltCut2? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-have-quiltcut2-t7684.html)

Roben 06-01-2008 07:35 AM

I felt the same way about the price Elle - we got a bit of a break because we bought it at a show, but still...I'm the one who makes it my life's work to make every bit of money scream for mercy cuz I try to stretch it so far :lol: DH and I talked it over, and his points were good ones. If I add up the amount I have invested in rulers, cutters, etc all bought in an attempt to cut accurately I've easily exceeded the amount the system cost. He figures it'll pay for itself over time by saving me from badly cut fabric. (Personally, I think he wanted it because it looks like a cool shop tool :roll: but I love him anyway!)

I cut some strips from a fat quarter last night with it. I'm in love; they were perfectly straight!

Butterflyspain 06-01-2008 08:41 AM

Awe that is so nice. Yes you have a point, it will probably be saving you money in the long run. Lets know how you get on

Elle

Izy 06-01-2008 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Awe that is so nice. Yes you have a point, it will probably be saving you money in the long run. Lets know how you get on

Elle

Elle - Do you think our guild funds would run to one...we could do all our cutting out on a Tuesday!!!!! :D

Butterflyspain 06-01-2008 10:27 AM

Izy you took the words right out of my mouth. What a great gizmo.

I might actually get all those dang triangles and squares correct.

I am definately :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Elle

quilterj 06-01-2008 04:18 PM

I love that tool. I guess I need to save up for one. I am not perfect with my cutting.

Renae McClain-White 06-02-2008 08:06 AM

I have wanted to buy one! How do you like it? Does it really cut more than one layer???

Thanks
Renae

Roben 06-02-2008 09:01 AM

I played some more with this yesterday, and I have to say I'm still impressed. I cut 4 layers without a problem; I can see where it's feasible to stack more layers than that. You use whatever rotary cutter you like with it, so as long as the blade is sharp the additional layers aren't a problem. The Speed Gauge sits 1/2" above the cutting surface, so to check your strip width it actually has to move downwards on just a few layers of fabric.

I'm trying to be good and finish the quilt I'm working on before I cut out another one, but it's getting harder and harder to be good.... :wink:

DeeJays10 06-02-2008 02:28 PM

What a neat tool, never heard of it before...... I wonder if it is in my future (where's that darn sugar daddy when you need him - never had one but boy wouldn't he come in handy now!)

Donna

Chele 06-02-2008 02:41 PM

What a neat tool! I'm a graphic designer (old and new school) and I use my straight edge on my drafting table to cut fabric strips. About the same process as this tool. It works great.

quiltingchic 06-04-2008 04:26 PM

Oh I have asked for one for my birthday and to my surprise i believe i am getting one. My birthday is not until Sept but I can wait. Does anyone know if you can purchase this in Canada or do i have to order it from the states
Dawn