Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is anyone having problems with QB? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-having-problems-qb-t96432.html)

marknfran 02-03-2011 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
It seems that everytime I come on lately that I'm getting these things popping up and overriding my page. Then sometimes I'm getting voice overs for commercials that aren't on my page. I've switched from IE to Firefox and its still happening. Soooooo confused as how to rectify this.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Check to see if you have popups blocked. You may at one time had them blocked and without knowing it acknowledged them to send popups through.

MerryQuilter 02-04-2011 02:59 AM

No problems here use Firefox as well on my apple laptop, my husband said lots less viruses on apples. He is our family computer guru which gives me lots more time to quilt,haha. Good luck

eparys 02-04-2011 03:34 AM

I too have had this happen - I reported it to the previous admin. I have not had it happen for about 3 weeks, but there for almost a week previous to that every time I came to the site it happened.

sewcrafty 02-04-2011 03:42 AM

My pop ups are blocked and ran malwarebytes and still happening. The strange thing is that its just on this site, nothing else has been affected and when I go into unread topics I keep getting norton saying that its blocked a high level threat. Very, very strange!

sew wishful 02-04-2011 03:44 AM

My only problem with the QB is clicking on a subject and finding a "this topic has been deleted". That has happen about 10-15 times in the past 3 days! Any help for this problem?

JenniePenny 02-04-2011 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by ghostrider
So is this a New Hampshire thing!!?? Where's pinecone! :D

Yes, I am affected by the Myface thing. Yes, in NH.

JenniePenny 02-04-2011 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Randa
My only problem with the QB is clicking on a subject and finding a "this topic has been deleted". That has happen about 10-15 times in the past 3 days! Any help for this problem?

No help for that problem but to stay positive, don't try to start controversial topics that divide the members of the board and cause hurt feelings, don't 'trash talk' retail establishments or guilds. When they are deleted promptly, for which I am grateful, the board is much more enjoyable. :thumbup:

sewbeit58 02-04-2011 04:18 AM

I am having the same problem and it is driving me crazy.

calicocat 02-04-2011 04:33 AM

sounds like your pop up blocker has been turned off or you have a virus.

Try using Spyblaster

patricej 02-04-2011 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Randa

topics are deleted if they are not in line with our rules. those rules are in place to protect the best interests of our members and of the board.

topics are moved if they are in the wrong place. (this isn't usually considered a "no-no". 999 times out of 1,000 it's just an accident. :lol: )

the "help" is for members to read and follow proper procedures.

i don't want to sound harsh or snarky. cross my heart. we love you all to pieces, even when you make mistakes.

but the facts is the facts.