Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone in North Central Pa going to Tent sale at Hoovers? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-north-central-pa-going-tent-sale-hoovers-t140793.html)

thequilterslink 07-28-2011 02:09 AM

Too far for me, i live south of Erie, Sure looks like a lot of fun tho. Hope u find lots of bargains and have a great time. Be sure and send us pics of the goodies you get.

justlooking 07-28-2011 02:22 AM

Danner's Bernina has the same thing on Saturday Au 6. It is 600 Beck Mill Rd, Hanover PA

nursie76 07-28-2011 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by justlooking
Danner's Bernina has the same thing on Saturday Au 6. It is 600 Beck Mill Rd, Hanover PA

Good thing I am busy that day, I know I would be headed there next weekend too! LOL

nursie76 07-28-2011 04:20 AM

Feather 3 - You really don't have to get there at 6am...that's just my DH's competitive nature! Really, there is enough for everyone. The biggest problem is that while people are in the cutting line holding the bolts of fabric to be cut, then those bolts aren't on the tables to drool over! ;-) But they said they hope to have more folks cutting this year, so that the bolts get back on the table faster...last year, some never made it to the tables as one person in line would see a bolt a person in front of them had and want some, so the bolt got passed to the next person in line and next and .....well you get the idea. lol

Charlie60 - I live in the Muncy area so 1 hour from me too. Saturday July 30th 7-3. Check out the ad that MTS so kindly posted, thanks MTS!

nursie76 07-28-2011 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Feather3
I hope to be there. YIKES I didn't expect to have to arrive by 6AM tho.

Feather 3 - Gosh, we should meet, how will I know you? I hope to be wearing a white t shirt with the 8 series logo embroidered on the front.

Feather3 07-28-2011 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by nursie76

Originally Posted by Feather3
I hope to be there. YIKES I didn't expect to have to arrive by 6AM tho.

Feather 3 - Gosh, we should meet, how will I know you? I hope to be wearing a white t shirt with the 8 series logo embroidered on the front.

I sent you a PM.

kacklebird 07-30-2011 03:56 AM

Any chance you could give me the date, time and address? Do they sell patterns too? Thanks a bunch.

kacklebird 07-30-2011 04:02 AM

Ooops I see it is today :-( Maybe next time. Thanks for the info though.

nursie76 07-30-2011 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by kacklebird
Ooops I see it is today :-( Maybe next time. Thanks for the info though.

So sorry you missed it! They have one ever July though, so start planning for next year!

Just got back! Wow did I make out well! Got 2 embroidery design sets, 2 new feet for my machines, bobbins, needles, 2 large cones of Isacord thread, 2 cuts of fabric, 1 panel, scissors, thread snips, a new walking foot, a pattern for $2.00 and 2 projects pamphlets for free...and of course DH picked up 2 older embroidery machines (hopes to give one to my daughter) a Deco 600, and a Babylock Espree (got them both for a song!) and then found a Magic Box Plus to go with them. Told him he can't collect any more machines until he learns to sew! LOL!
:lol: Never worked with designs on the card thingie, so if any of you have experience with them any and all advice would be appreciated.

Got to meet a board member too! Feather3 is an awesome person and she makes jeans that you would think came from Mr. Levi Strauss himself!!!!

Feather3 07-30-2011 01:16 PM

>Got to meet a board member too! Feather3 is an awesome person and she makes jeans that you would think came from Mr. Levi Strauss himself!!!!<

LOL....Thanks for the complement. Sounds like you made a good haul ;). Sorry I didn't get to say good bye. Huz was beyond ready to get out of there. He can't handle crowds. He stood in line holding fabric bolts for me & then in line to pay for it for while I was inside shopping. I got several fabrics for my friend to make her cancer scarves, a few fabrics for myself, some Isacord threads, quilting gloves, batting, more bobbins for my 830LE(have 70 now, love lots of bobbins)and a book.

Some women were not playing nice. Outside & in the store both. One lady stood at the cutting table while their friends ran back & forth bringing bolts of fabric to cut for them & their friends, while the rest of us stood waiting & waiting & waiting. One lady came marching up with several bolts & my husband spoke up. They knew what they were doing wasn't fair to the rest of us. Other than that it was a fun time.

Nursie76 is also an awesome person. We had a nice chat while standing in line waiting for the sale to start. She had a t-shirt on she had embroidered the new Bernina 830 logo on. Nice job :). We'd both be in major trouble if Hoover's, our Bernina Dealer, was closer to us ;).