Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone in North Central Pa going to Tent sale at Hoovers? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-north-central-pa-going-tent-sale-hoovers-t140793.html)

nursie76 07-30-2011 03:09 PM

LOL....Thanks for the complement. Sounds like you made a good haul ;). Sorry I didn't get to say good bye. Huz was beyond ready to get out of there. He can't handle crowds. He stood in line holding fabric bolts for me & then in line to pay for it for while I was inside shopping. I got several fabrics for my friend to make her cancer scarves, a few fabrics for myself, some Isacord threads, quilting gloves, batting, more bobbins for my 830LE(have 70 now, love lots of bobbins)and a book.

Some women were not playing nice. Outside & in the store both. One lady stood at the cutting table while their friends ran back & forth bringing bolts of fabric to cut for them & their friends, while the rest of us stood waiting & waiting & waiting. One lady came marching up with several bolts & my husband spoke up. They knew what they were doing wasn't fair to the rest of us. Other than that it was a fun time.

Nursie76 is also an awesome person. We had a nice chat while standing in line waiting for the sale to start. She had a t-shirt on she had embroidered the new Bernina 830 logo on. Nice job :). We'd both be in major trouble if Hoover's, our Bernina Dealer, was closer to us ;).
Now that you mention it, I noticed the cutting line was taking a long time, now I know why :| My DH enjoyed talking with your DH while waiting for the start of the sale. When DH gets my new sewing room in, you will have to come play in my sandbox. I am thinkin' I could learn a whooooole lot from you! 8-)
Glad you were able to get material for your friend, you are a good friend to her. You are right, it was fun, but... We would be in the poorhouse if Hoovers was closer! :mrgreen:

Just found out that the magic card included with the Magic box, only works with the Bernina Artista, so have to go on a search for a Magic Box Blank card for the Deco/Babylock...drat!!!

kacklebird 07-30-2011 07:20 PM

Wow, you look like you hit the lotto with all of those goodies! I hope I can go then next year. Is it typically packed with people? What type of embroidery card did you get? I have a machine that takes a USB stick or I can use an external CD Rom or Floppy. My friend sold her Viking Rose and it took cards so I am not sure if they are the same type you're referring to. Enjoy all of those goodies :-D

kacklebird 07-30-2011 07:22 PM

I need to see those jeans Feather3 made!

kacklebird 07-30-2011 07:29 PM

Is that your Macaw? It is beautiful. I love tropical birds. I used to have a Blue Front Amazon years ago. How can I see the jeans that you make? I would love to see them.

kacklebird 07-30-2011 07:35 PM

Feather,
I am new to posting so I am not sure if you got my message. I looked and it seems like when someone responds to what someone posts their message is placed in the box to the person they are posting to. Does that make sense? I think i am confusing myself now....hehe

nursie76 07-31-2011 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by kacklebird
Wow, you look like you hit the lotto with all of those goodies! I hope I can go then next year. Is it typically packed with people? What type of embroidery card did you get? I have a machine that takes a USB stick or I can use an external CD Rom or Floppy. My friend sold her Viking Rose and it took cards so I am not sure if they are the same type you're referring to. Enjoy all of those goodies :-D

Yep, did pretty well at the sale. There are lots of people, but I wouldn't say it's "packed". I don't like crowds, but don't mind this at all. There are lines at checkout and cutting table, but you can move freely among the aisles and such.

I got a blank card (which will work in my machine, but turns out won't work for the magic box I got), and got a design card with flower designs. Need a blank Magic Card that works with the Magic Box Plus to take designs from CD's or internet and take them to machine. Older technology, but still available. I hate to buy more design cards as I have hundreds of designs already, many in the PES format these machines take, so I just need a blank card to download them to. The Magic Box that transfers them only takes blank cards made for that specific box, unlike some that take generic cards. But I will find one I am sure. I only want these as back up as my Bernina 830 LE does a fantastic job. Hope you can make it to the sale next year, maybe we can meet then. I will try to remember to post a little earlier, but the sale is usually the last Saturday in July.

Take care, have a peaceful Sunday.

kacklebird 07-31-2011 05:38 PM

I would love to go next year :D Definitely we would have to meet . Were there many people there from the site? Have you checked eBay for rhe cards? Google Craigslist and do a search and it should pull up ones that are on there throughout the US. Just a thought. If I see any online I'll let you know. I am going on a bus trip with my mom to Lancaster soon. We're going to I think 6 different quilting stores and then eating at Shady Maple....yum. Have you been to Shady Maple? Have fun with your new goodies. :)

nursie76 07-31-2011 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by kacklebird
I would love to go next year :D Definitely we would have to meet . Were there many people there from the site? Have you checked eBay for rhe cards? Google Craigslist and do a search and it should pull up ones that are on there throughout the US. Just a thought. If I see any online I'll let you know. I am going on a bus trip with my mom to Lancaster soon. We're going to I think 6 different quilting stores and then eating at Shady Maple....yum. Have you been to Shady Maple? Have fun with your new goodies. :)

Haven't been to Shady Maple yet, but I will have to go. We have been to the Lancaster Quilt show the past 2 years, and will probably go next year, so maybe will try it out then. Feather3 is the only one I met there from the board, at least as far as I know. 8-) I have checked Ebay and Craigs list, no blanks of the brand I need there, but have found some new ones and will have to save up for one. I have been sorting through my haul today and also getting my next project cut out and started. Also am finishing up sewing 120+ beads on a wallhanging I am finishing for our oldest DD.

Take care and have a restful night.

Feather3 08-01-2011 07:37 AM

>>Is that your Macaw? It is beautiful. I love tropical birds. I used to have a Blue Front Amazon years ago. How can I see the jeans that you make? I would love to see them.<<

Yes that's my Macaw.

Sorry I don't have any pics of my jeans.