Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone thread crochet? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-thread-crochet-t36705.html)

Carol A 02-13-2010 07:07 AM

I'm a newbie-love the newsletter and topics-just wanted to thank you for this site-I've only been quilting for just over a yr -love it-have been crocheting for yrs-like the pattern you shared-thanks again!

Kathi in PA 02-13-2010 09:49 AM

I thread crochet and I really like it. I made my first GD a dress and matching bonnet to come home from the hospital 13 yrs. ago and now it is mounted in a shadow box - with little bit of spit-up and all...

Kathi in PA

vivoaks 02-13-2010 11:15 AM

I love to paper piece. The best place to get started is at www.caroldoak.com - there are lots of freebie patterns on her site, and she also has a yahoo group. Lots of help there! Enjoy!!

Janis 02-13-2010 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
That is gorgeous! I crochet. I can even crochet with thread if ......... my Mommy starts it for me! I can never get the base part going. I need something to hang on to. How's that for the red faced confession of the day! :oops:

How about trying tieing a safety pin on your thread and giving yourself something to hold on to while starting to crochet? Or making your first loop and putting a safety pin in that loop to hold on to while making your chain, if that is the way you are going.. If you are making a circle, like for a doily, you might be able to do the same. I know sometimes it seems I'm all thumbs until I get started, and having something to hold that can be removed easily might help. Hope this helps you start.

Thanks for the pattern, BellaBoo

janet conn 02-13-2010 12:27 PM

Hi, thanks for the pattern. I'm crocheting a double row Pineapple design. It will be around 25" across. I have to count from the original doily. Verrrry slow going. Peewee from Pa.

Paintbrushbrown 02-13-2010 01:11 PM

My mom always crocheted using thread. She passed away in April and I took up where she left off. I worked on several things for Christmas gifts. I don't know that I would enter a fair with mine, but I know several who do. It is fun, but I am really enjoying quilting. I just pick up my hooks when I am missing Mom so much I can't stand it.

Marilyn
Paintbrushbrown

jdavis 02-13-2010 03:49 PM

I do thread crochet occasionally (and I need to replace some of my tattered doilies soon); but I must say quilting is my favorite craft of late.

ScrapQuilter 02-13-2010 04:12 PM

So glad to see we have so many who crochet or have crocheted..... I just love to crochet and have post pictures of some doilies.... Love the pattern you have picked to do... Just finished doing two bolero's for my granddaughter. Will post pictures when I get a chance.

ScrapQuilter 02-13-2010 04:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the pictures of the shrugs/bolero

bolero/shrug
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135[/ATTACH]

bolero/shrug
[ATTACH=CONFIG]136[/ATTACH]

Carol A 02-13-2010 05:35 PM

can you tell me where to get a pattern for the shrug? :lol: