Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone up for Quilting today?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-up-quilting-today-t200507.html)

dd 09-15-2012 03:39 AM

Not so sure about quilting but I do have a lot of sewing to do. Oh yea, and that dreadful housework is still waiting.

Drue 09-15-2012 04:22 AM

It's 7:16 am here in Texas. I have been up since 5:00am, going thru my e-mails and reading the "board".
Today I'll be quilting a commissioned quilt...the 4th one for the same client for her grandchildren for Christmas. The first 3 for the gandsons, ALL THROUGH THE WOODS. This one is for her grand daughter and she wanted it with a baseball theme and red, white and blue....not girly at all, but this is what she wanted for her. Sooooo I have it all pieced and will quilt stars on it. I need to finish it up this weekend if possible so I can get onto other things.

Happy Stitchin' All!

Pat625 09-15-2012 04:27 AM

I have orders for 3 quilted purses that I will be working on today. i am also going to try to get to Joannes to get the fabric for my next grandchild's quilt. In between I have a queen scrappy quilt in my frame that I have been working on.
Luckily I can quilt whenever I want. That was the one positive thing from ending up on disability...but I still get more done when I am checking in with others! Now off to work on the quilting while I wait for DD to wake up for the trip to the store

salemrabbits 09-15-2012 04:29 AM

I am going to the Bennington, VT quilt show today, I look forward to it yearly as it is a close trip and a nice show. Can't find anybody to go with me though..........last year I had a full car...oh well, I guess I go single and hope somebody I know is there in case I want to make a comment on one of the quilts and I want to talk to somebody- do you suppose the volunteers would think I was crazy if I talked to the quilt????

chairjogger 09-15-2012 04:31 AM

I have visited the board three times through the night. If I did not have so many people in the house I would have been out of bed and worked on a project! I have two quilts going, one by hand piecing, one machine quilting. Nice post! Your circles are great and it has been fun reading what everyone is up to.

#1piecemaker 09-15-2012 04:31 AM

I'm planning on finishing handquilting a baby quilt and then rip out some stitching on another where I didn't notice my machine was not threaded right. (I have the longarm learning blues) hehehehe!

GingerK 09-15-2012 04:33 AM

Oh how I wish...DH is planning to finish prepping our deck for our new hot tub and I know he'll 'need' my help. Laundry is screaming my name, and I HAVE to work on a shopping buggy seat cover that DD volunteered me to make. Oh, and everything needs mowing. I should really devote a couple of hours to that this afternoon, seeing as rain and much cooler weather seem to be in our immediate future.

carolaug 09-15-2012 04:39 AM

It's 8:30am and I still have't started....I am really thinking of doing a quick Dr. Suess Flannel Christmas Rag quilt. I am not sure I want to cut the strips or just buy a die that does it. I have never made a rag quilt but I am starting to really like the looks of them. I know, I know...finish what I started first.

JenelTX 09-15-2012 04:50 AM

I'll be sandwiching a quilt and if I get it done fast enough, I'll start quilting this evening. Yay!

gramajo 09-15-2012 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by salemrabbits (Post 5515605)
I am going to the Bennington, VT quilt show today, I look forward to it yearly as it is a close trip and a nice show. Can't find anybody to go with me though..........last year I had a full car...oh well, I guess I go single and hope somebody I know is there in case I want to make a comment on one of the quilts and I want to talk to somebody- do you suppose the volunteers would think I was crazy if I talked to the quilt????

There is always someone willing to talk about quilts at a quilt show. We quilters are a chatty bunch. Enjoy the show.