Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone up for Quilting today??

Blog Entries

Anyone up for Quilting today??

It's 4:30am here. I have been up for an hour...reading the Quilt Board of course. I am trying to get modivated to quilt this morning before the normal chores of the day comes around..we are also ordering our new carpets today so that will curve a few hours out of my day. I will be working on the train quilt that I started last weekend...what will you be working on?Name:  train.jpg
Views: 2279
Size:  55.2 KB

i MIGHT be working on adding borders to a quilt. they ended up ruffly the first time around. time to regroup and start again! but, they again, i may work with paper! we will see after i get some sleep! have fun with what you will be doing!

Blog Entries
    Well, I would be quilting if I didn't have to go out of town. I'm taking 3 other ladies to a Red Hat function. I would certainly LOVE to see your train quilt when it's finished. I love taking the train!
    Pat H
    Carencro LA

I have sewing to do for fall market samples later today. I am also in a crazy quilt round robin, but just sent off the block for the month and haven't received the new one yet. I need a dose of motivation also .

It's 6am here and I've been procrastinating for an hour - I'm working on a commissioned quilt and today's the day I have to square my blocks, sew them together and take to the fabric warehouse to look for border fabrics. I think I'll have breakfast first.
    Name:  Attic Windows small.jpg
Views: 2929
Size:  1.33 MB
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Blog Entries
    Oh how wish I could quilt today. We were asked to babysit the grandkids 3 weeks in a row, so I am not getting much accomplished. Even when they leave I won't get to sew until I reorganize. I bought some new bookcases for the closet so that I can finally organize my stash properly and make it easier to access than in the totes! Why is it that you always need what is in the bottom one at the back??? LOL

i am going to mrs blows to day to pick up my new sewing machine. and then
    we are heading for siren, wi. that is where my niece lives. wish i could come
    back home and play with my new machine.

Blog Entries
    I would love to! My husband starts a new schedule at work. He now has to work Saturdays and Sundays, so I anticipate getting more quilting done. His shift doesn't start until 2:30 so I'll be doing night-quilting!
    You can have any design you want. As long as it's loops!

I am finishing a Christmas stocking for new great nephew and then start on a fall tablerunner. Need to clean house and work in a flower bed. I would rather be in front of the computer, on the quilting board, looking at all the fabulous things you talented people are making.

Blog Entries
    my DGSs birthday present is nearly finished. i'll be putting the final touches today... just in time because today is his birthday LOL
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

dd
    Not so sure about quilting but I do have a lot of sewing to do. Oh yea, and that dreadful housework is still waiting.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

It's 7:16 am here in Texas. I have been up since 5:00am, going thru my e-mails and reading the "board".
    Today I'll be quilting a commissioned quilt...the 4th one for the same client for her grandchildren for Christmas. The first 3 for the gandsons, ALL THROUGH THE WOODS. This one is for her grand daughter and she wanted it with a baseball theme and red, white and blue....not girly at all, but this is what she wanted for her. Sooooo I have it all pieced and will quilt stars on it. I need to finish it up this weekend if possible so I can get onto other things.

Happy Stitchin' All!
    Those who are piecemakers will sew seeds.

Hugs,
    Drue

I have orders for 3 quilted purses that I will be working on today. i am also going to try to get to Joannes to get the fabric for my next grandchild's quilt. In between I have a queen scrappy quilt in my frame that I have been working on.
    Luckily I can quilt whenever I want. That was the one positive thing from ending up on disability...but I still get more done when I am checking in with others! Now off to work on the quilting while I wait for DD to wake up for the trip to the store

I am going to the Bennington, VT quilt show today, I look forward to it yearly as it is a close trip and a nice show. Can't find anybody to go with me though..........last year I had a full car...oh well, I guess I go single and hope somebody I know is there in case I want to make a comment on one of the quilts and I want to talk to somebody- do you suppose the volunteers would think I was crazy if I talked to the quilt????

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    I have visited the board three times through the night. If I did not have so many people in the house I would have been out of bed and worked on a project! I have two quilts going, one by hand piecing, one machine quilting. Nice post! Your circles are great and it has been fun reading what everyone is up to.
    Sometimes you just have to sit in a chair and jog in order to get anywhere.
    Ell

Blog Entries
    I'm planning on finishing handquilting a baby quilt and then rip out some stitching on another where I didn't notice my machine was not threaded right. (I have the longarm learning blues) hehehehe!
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.
    Find me on Facebook Be my friend Join my group
    Leesa Kemp's Material Things Fabric Sales and Auctions

Oh how I wish...DH is planning to finish prepping our deck for our new hot tub and I know he'll 'need' my help. Laundry is screaming my name, and I HAVE to work on a shopping buggy seat cover that DD volunteered me to make. Oh, and everything needs mowing. I should really devote a couple of hours to that this afternoon, seeing as rain and much cooler weather seem to be in our immediate future.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

Blog Entries
    It's 8:30am and I still have't started....I am really thinking of doing a quick Dr. Suess Flannel Christmas Rag quilt. I am not sure I want to cut the strips or just buy a die that does it. I have never made a rag quilt but I am starting to really like the looks of them. I know, I know...finish what I started first.

I'll be sandwiching a quilt and if I get it done fast enough, I'll start quilting this evening. Yay!
    Jenel Looney
    Assistant to Susan Mallery
    New York Times bestselling author

Quote Originally Posted by salemrabbits View Post
    I am going to the Bennington, VT quilt show today, I look forward to it yearly as it is a close trip and a nice show. Can't find anybody to go with me though..........last year I had a full car...oh well, I guess I go single and hope somebody I know is there in case I want to make a comment on one of the quilts and I want to talk to somebody- do you suppose the volunteers would think I was crazy if I talked to the quilt????
    There is always someone willing to talk about quilts at a quilt show. We quilters are a chatty bunch. Enjoy the show.

I'll be quilting the National Parks quilt for my brother & sister-in-law's Christmas gift. Earlier this year, they accomplished their goal of visiting all the national parks. Shortly after their last park, a line of National Park fabrics came out. Of course I had to get it to make a quilt for them. I'll also be listening to the Nationwide Race while I'm quilting.

I've got 3 casserole carriers on my sewing table. Quilting later!
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

oh, and at noon, I'm going to a model train show!
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

I am going to work on the baby quilt for my expected grand-daughter. The pieces are cut out but now they are waiting on me to put them together.
    Vicki W

I went to bed at 4:30am...couldn't get to sleep because I am working on a Dear Jane for my DD. I feel like I'm trying to do in 2 months what many people do in 2 years. I think I know why there are so many DJs that only get the middle made or the blocks get worked into something else. I'll be sewing later - if I'm not napping - lol. BTW, Carol, I sure NH.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast