Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone up for Quilting today?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-up-quilting-today-t200507.html)

Pat625 09-16-2012 06:53 PM

FINALLY finished the purses!! All I need to do is get the button for one tomorrow..Could not stay focused..kept getting on the computer and working on my hand quilting project...Tomorrow I have to get cutting my grandaughters quilt. Also have a new purse pattern I want to try...

pinebeltquilter 09-16-2012 07:13 PM

I will be making hanging sleeves for my quilt pieces that wil be in our Guild quilt show in a couple of weeks.

sewbizgirl 09-16-2012 07:15 PM

You inspired me. I had a stack of baby quilts all sandwiched and sitting for months. Over this weekend I got two of them quilted and bound... finished! It's a good feeling.

Pat625 09-16-2012 07:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]363304[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]363305[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]363306[/ATTACH]

what I have been working on this weekend..The quilt is now about half quilted

liont 09-16-2012 07:24 PM

I did! I finished binding a Queen quilt. This is the first quilt I made for MYSELF :) Strange that we keep making quilts for everyone in the family except ourselves! Somehow, I am less fussy when I know it for me.

Pat625 09-16-2012 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by liont (Post 5519953)
I did! I finished binding a Queen quilt. This is the first quilt I made for MYSELF :) Strange that we keep making quilts for everyone in the family except ourselves! Somehow, I am less fussy when I know it for me.

That is SO true..I actually kept a quilt for myself for the first time in 10 years of quilting. The reason was because noone else claimed it while I was working on it!!I was pretty fussy working on it, not realizing it was for me....But other sewing I do for myself I definitely am not as picky about...Congrats on your quilt, and enjoy it!!

Suze9395 09-16-2012 07:55 PM

After getting my hair done yesterday (new cut and color!) I went to joann's. I bought the extra wide white fabric for my Dresden plate quilt and got the supplies to make my DD a garment bag. I finished it last night, i even successfully put in a zipper! She is involved with different activities at school where she sometimes has to take a change of clothes and I thought this might be helpful. She loves it. But, she wants to use it as her official bag for her marching band uniform. Of course, that means she needs a another one. :D Oh darn, back to Joann's!
Mostly, I have been working on my GFG. 1/2 inch hexies. I have been obsessed for a few weeks now. :p

Dee 09-16-2012 08:11 PM

DH and I have been cleaning the rugs, cleaning out the pantry and will do the curtains and drapes next. Have a blouse on the table, but tired after all the work-yuk!. This week to VA with DH and maybe get to my sewing. Hate cleaning these items as its a thankless job.

earthwalker 09-16-2012 08:13 PM

Well...Monday midday here right now. Thought I'd check in on the QB as it's spring here and I haven't spent much time on my computer or at my sewing machine - my garden keeps "calling". Spent all weekend digging kikuyu out of my tomato beds ready for the heirloom seedlings I have grown in my little greenhouse. Still plodding away with my GFG in the evenings but after I've responded to this thread I'm devoting at least 3/4 of an hour to the string quilt I'm making for my future DIL...I love all the projects you are working on...most inspiring. Now off to sew I go....

penski 09-16-2012 09:38 PM

i should be in bed right now at 1 am but i have been working on applique quilt ! and want to work on it but when i get up in the morning hubby and i are putting 2 new windows in (these are the last ones to get in , then i will have all new windows in the house) , go to the dentist , grocery store, mow the lawn and then i hope to get some applique work in !!!