Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone want to Virtually Quilt with me today? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-want-virtually-quilt-me-today-t184645.html)

Grace creates 04-01-2012 06:16 PM

what a great goal you set set Rachael. I saw your post late at night so the day already passed. Happy you got yourself motivated and was so successful. Grace

athenagwis 04-01-2012 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 5108988)
The quilt top is gorgeous! I love the colors! Nice job!!!

Thank you so much!! :) :)

Originally Posted by flhomeschoolmom (Post 5109040)
Yes, I'm seriously cutting them at 1.25 inches and there's a lot of them. I switch colors every so often just so the lines stop blurring together. All total I have to cut: 150 denim, 152 pink, 602 white, 152 blue, 152 lavendar/lilac, and 152 multi color prints in those colors. And then when all the tiny squares are cut, I have to cut 122 white squares that are 3.5 inches and then I can sew. I can't sew strips and then cut them down to size because each 9 patch square in each row only has 1 of each color in it except for the white. So...that's a lot of little squares to form 1 crib sized quilt.

Wow that is quite an undertaking!!! I hope you don't go crossed eyed. LOL Definitely share a pic when you are done!!!

Originally Posted by Pat625 (Post 5109044)
All the blocks are now done and pressed...Will construct the top tomorrow and see if I need any borders to make it the size I want. Of course that means a fuin trip to Joannes!! Or maight have to go to downtown to check what is left at the LQS that is in the process of closiong.:( Definitely would do this again..It is fun to take a break and check on other people's progress!!

Yay!! Be sure to share a pic if you can. I hope you can find fabric for the borders, oh darn having to buy more fabric, what a struggle hehehe It was fun to be able to check in through out the day, maybe next time we'll even get more people! I'll have to announce it a little sooner maybe :)

Originally Posted by Grace creates (Post 5109064)
what a great goal you set set Rachael. I saw your post late at night so the day already passed. Happy you got yourself motivated and was so successful. Grace

Thanks!! It turned out to be a wonderful day of sewing!!

Cheers!
Rachel

jollyquilting 04-01-2012 08:28 PM

Good luck, maybe tomorrow. Jo

AprilG 04-02-2012 05:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am working on a wall-hanging titled "Dancing Tree" by Bryerpatch Studio. I got the pattern at the Dallas Quilt show. Great show! This is an applique pattern and all I have to do now is iron it onto the background and start qppliqueing.

ube quilting 04-02-2012 05:17 AM

I can't help with your piecing but I think the pictured quilt could be motivation enough. I love it. Awesome work.
Keep going right on through to the end. Excited to see the completed work!
peace

ube quilting 04-02-2012 05:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]324689[/ATTACH]This is the fourth time posting this reply. Starting to bind the peach barn raising. Will keep posting progress thro the day. What a good idea this is!
peace

athenagwis 04-02-2012 05:58 AM

Great job ladies!! Both your projects look STUNNING!! :) Today i have to work, so not as much time to be quilting, but I do have a goal of making up a few blocks for one of the swaps I am hosting. I will post pics if I am able to finish them!! :)

Rachel

nlpakk 04-02-2012 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by athenagwis (Post 5106961)
I have a few projects going on that I am stumbling on and need motivation to get them finished today!! I am almost done making a quilt with this pattern:

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/12/...uilt.html#more

And I have started making stars for this quilt:

http://media-cache9.pinterest.com/up...Zp194aYy_c.jpg

I am working on these at the same time, using the stars as leaders and enders while I put the other quilt together. I have 5 more large blocks on the top one to make and my goal is to finish them all today. Anyone want to quilt with me?? I thought if we all set our goals for the day today down here and check in every hour to show/state our progress maybe we can actually get something accomplished!!! :)

Post here if you want to play along, I am going to go take some pics of the progress I have so far to post and show you guys. When you post, state your goals for the day so we can know how we are progressing!!

Goals for Sunday 4/1/2011
Finish last 5 blocks for Flying in Squares
Piece 10 stars for Star Quilt

What's your goal?? It's 9:00 AM(ish) right now where I am, so I figure we will check in every hour or two hours?

Anyone can join us any time today too!! I just want us to all inspire each other to reach some sort of quilting goal today!! :)

Cheers!!
Rachel

Well I noticed that you started this on Sunday, It's now Monday and I just got the QB newsletter so you're probably all done by now! I've been to the gym for aqualates and strength training and will get to the sewing machine after lunch. It's a good incentive to include others!

nlpakk 04-02-2012 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by AprilG (Post 5109903)
I am working on a wall-hanging titled "Dancing Tree" by Bryerpatch Studio. I got the pattern at the Dallas Quilt show. Great show! This is an applique pattern and all I have to do now is iron it onto the background and start qppliqueing.

AprilG, That is a beautiful wall hanging, good luck with it!

butterflies5518 04-02-2012 08:54 AM

Wow, wish I had joined yesterday! I made a tumbler quilt top Saturday and worked on the backing yesterday. Decided for backing to use charms 2 wide, 16 long as a stripe off center to extend the fabric the number of inches I needed. This quilt is a donation for Habitat for Humanity that my employer will be constructing on the 20th. I would much rather swing a needle than a hammer! The quilts shown are so inspiring, love them!