Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to Virtually Quilt with me today?

Anyone want to Virtually Quilt with me today?

I have a few projects going on that I am stumbling on and need motivation to get them finished today!! I am almost done making a quilt with this pattern:

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/12/...uilt.html#more

And I have started making stars for this quilt:

I am working on these at the same time, using the stars as leaders and enders while I put the other quilt together. I have 5 more large blocks on the top one to make and my goal is to finish them all today. Anyone want to quilt with me?? I thought if we all set our goals for the day today down here and check in every hour to show/state our progress maybe we can actually get something accomplished!!!

Post here if you want to play along, I am going to go take some pics of the progress I have so far to post and show you guys. When you post, state your goals for the day so we can know how we are progressing!!

Goals for Sunday 4/1/2011
    Finish last 5 blocks for Flying in Squares
    Piece 10 stars for Star Quilt

What's your goal?? It's 9:00 AM(ish) right now where I am, so I figure we will check in every hour or two hours?

Anyone can join us any time today too!! I just want us to all inspire each other to reach some sort of quilting goal today!!

Cheers!!
    Rachel
    Last edited by athenagwis; 04-01-2012 at 05:22 AM. Reason: fix formatting

Blog Entries
    Got church this morning....it's 8:30 AM here. Best of luck on your goal

Blog Entries
    I've got denim, pink, and white 1.25" squares to cut today. I'm also supposed to set up my sewing machine so that my SIL can use it while she's here to stitch changing pad covers for her changing table. I'll be glad when I can finially start piecing this baby quilt together.

One block down!! I discovered I actually had 4 blocks left to make, so now I am at 3. Slowly but surely!!

Rachel

I wish I could, but it's nice out and this is the first time I have to get outside and work in my yard!!! I quilted this morning, and now it's time to go outside. Enjoy your day!! I can quilt w/ you every morning, but gotta warn ya - I start about 6 am!!
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

I'm headed upstairs to hopefully finish attaching the binding on a quilt...
    Heather

Quote Originally Posted by 117becca View Post
    I wish I could, but it's nice out and this is the first time I have to get outside and work in my yard!!! I quilted this morning, and now it's time to go outside. Enjoy your day!! I can quilt w/ you every morning, but gotta warn ya - I start about 6 am!!
    Wish I could quilt every morning, but I am up at 5 AM and on my computer to work!! Hope you enjoy your day outside!!

Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by flhomeschoolmom View Post
    I've got denim, pink, and white 1.25" squares to cut today. I'm also supposed to set up my sewing machine so that my SIL can use it while she's here to stitch changing pad covers for her changing table. I'll be glad when I can finially start piecing this baby quilt together.
    Here's hoping you at least get those squares cut, are you seriously cutting them @ 1.25" My eyes your go crossed eyed!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
    I'm headed upstairs to hopefully finish attaching the binding on a quilt...
    Yay!! That's a project for another day for me, I have one quilt that needs binding, but I am avoiding it like the plague.

Rachel

Here are some pics, the first two are the Flying Geese one I am doing (The second one is the blocks I am finishing up today) and the last picture is showing pieces of the stars I have already done.

Rachel
    Attached Images Attached Images

Two blocks down!! maybe I will actually accomplish this goal, though 2 blocks in 5 hours isn't a good sign. LOL I guess I need to get off the computer and work a little faster now!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

Three down only one to go!! Woo-hoo. I am not getting as many stars done though as these blocks are easy to chain piece so I don't need the leaders and enders as much, but that's okay. I like having a leader/ender project so I can keep this one for another quilt I work on later too.

Cheers!
    Rachel

I can't play with you today...you got up too early and I'm too cranky at this hour. I had to go back to bed and get some more sleep so I could get up later and go to church. Thanks for inviting me, though! LOL
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

QM
    Looking good!!

Quote Originally Posted by momto5 View Post
    I can't play with you today...you got up too early and I'm too cranky at this hour. I had to go back to bed and get some more sleep so I could get up later and go to church. Thanks for inviting me, though! LOL
    haha maybe next time!! Even though I am playing by myself, I kinda like being accountable, makes me actually get it done!! This is my very first actual pattern quilt that isn't applique, and I find it a bit boring to piece the same thing over and over so it's been hard to get it finished. My quilts are normally free pieced or have all different blocks,but I really liked this pattern for the layer cake I had on hand. I needed this today to actually force me to finish it!!

Rachel

Just got my daughter back off to college...Set myself up a traveling workbox for all the time I spend sitting and waiting for kids in the car...Have prepped the basic squares for a Cathedral Window. Got that done this morning, as well as began hand working while waiting for her ride!! Of course now that I am home In planned on working on peiceing a quilt top. Now I am dying to continue working on the windows!! What's a quilter to do??? Actually going to go now and work on that top, and try to leave the other box for sitting and waiting. Will check back later!!

Haha I have the same issues as you, which project do I really want to be working on?? I want to work on my striped box quilt, but I don't have any fabric for it, so now all my other quilts seem like too much "work" LOL Okay now I must go finish that last one block!!

Rachel

Blog Entries
    Hey Rachel, This is a great idea to get one moving and actually get things done. Trouble is while your sewing I'm sleeping and vice versa. Hope you accomplished everything you set out to do today. Now do I clean or go and sew????? Mmmmm maybe SEW!
    Mrs B There is nothing that can't be improved with gold glitter

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs B View Post
    Hey Rachel, This is a great idea to get one moving and actually get things done. Trouble is while your sewing I'm sleeping and vice versa. Hope you accomplished everything you set out to do today. Now do I clean or go and sew????? Mmmmm maybe SEW!
    hehe well we're both awake for now so you can sew with me for a bit!! i will be up for at least 3 more hours!!

Rachel

Blog Entries
    No quilting today for me! I busied myself today wrapping my fabrics around boards to make my storage shelves look nicer and more organized. Unfortunately, I have run out of steam! I started with my 1 - 3 yd pieces and I have wrapped 225 boards already! (I'm pretty ashamed of myself) I did pull several fabrics that I know I will never use and have put them into a tub until I decide how I will find them a new home!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Quilt top piecing undwerway, even tho I really want to mess with the cathedral windows..Of course this caused me to make a big mistake, and have to recut and sew a piecce to create a dozen strips!! Hope to get at least half of the blocks for the top done tonight..out of 25 in all...I like the way it is working out, but need to be more focused!!I need to stop looking at the pics and postings on here!! I lay awake at night thinking about other quilts!! Of course 10 more grandkids are also still waiting for their quilts

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    No quilting today for me! I busied myself today wrapping my fabrics around boards to make my storage shelves look nicer and more organized. Unfortunately, I have run out of steam! I started with my 1 - 3 yd pieces and I have wrapped 225 boards already! (I'm pretty ashamed of myself) I did pull several fabrics that I know I will never use and have put them into a tub until I decide how I will find them a new home!
    Hey that's still a good quilty goal accomplished for the day. And now that you have it more organized you can get down to the business of using it all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
    Quilt top piecing undwerway, even tho I really want to mess with the cathedral windows..Of course this caused me to make a big mistake, and have to recut and sew a piecce to create a dozen strips!! Hope to get at least half of the blocks for the top done tonight..out of 25 in all...I like the way it is working out, but need to be more focused!!I need to stop looking at the pics and postings on here!! I lay awake at night thinking about other quilts!! Of course 10 more grandkids are also still waiting for their quilts
    Uh oh, I hate when that happens!! I made a few wrong turns on my blocks today too and had to rip and resew which I *hate* doing ... sigh .... but I know I will love this quilt once it's done!! just not my favorite to make.

Rachel

Last block done!! yay!!!! Only took me 10.5 hours LOL obviously i got distracted .... alot ..... Now I am going to lay them out and see how I like the placement. Maybe I'll snap a few pics for y'all since you humored me with my virtual quilting bee.

Rachel

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by athenagwis View Post
    Hey that's still a good quilty goal accomplished for the day. And now that you have it more organized you can get down to the business of using it all!!

Rachel
    Unfortunately, I still have lots more to go! I still have more 1-3 yd pieces and I haven't touched the FQs, 1/2 yds, and the fabrics in bags that have never made it to a shelves! Oh, and my scraps. . . I'm extremely overwhelmed but will work thru it! No quilting or sewing or fabric buying until the room is in tip top shape! (Good for my wallet, bad for the LQS!)
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Okay so I tried to take a pic of the top, the blocks aren't together yet and it was hard to get a good pic from that angle, but I like the look of it!!

Rachel
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    Unfortunately, I still have lots more to go! I still have more 1-3 yd pieces and I haven't touched the FQs, 1/2 yds, and the fabrics in bags that have never made it to a shelves! Oh, and my scraps. . . I'm extremely overwhelmed but will work thru it! No quilting or sewing or fabric buying until the room is in tip top shape! (Good for my wallet, bad for the LQS!)
    One step at a time right?? And I am sure it helps get the creative juices flowing to touch all that pretty fabric again. I don' have nearly as much (I have an incredibly small space to sew), but I love organizing it as it really gets me thinking about future projects.

Cheers!
    Rachel

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast