Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 9/23!!

Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 9/23!!

Today is the day!! Today I am hosting a Virtual Quilt Day. There are no rules. Basically I started this because I was too lazy to lug my sewing machine to the local quilt store for an all day sew-in. So I decided to have a home sew in with all my friends through the internet!! Join in anytime you can today. All you have to do is come here when you start and tell us your goals, then through out the day check in and let us know how you are doing and leave encouragement for others! That's it!! If you can only join us for half a day, that's fine. If you are in a different time zone, that's fine. This is just a loose and fun thing!! I find it helps me to sew more if I am joined by so many other sewers as well!!

Okay so here are my goals for the day:

1. Paint a backdrop for taking pictures of my small projects
    2. Put together at least 5 of my applique pattern blocks
    3. Take pictures of said blocks

I made my goals pretty easy, so hopefully I'll have no trouble with them. Granted some is not actual quilting, but I have been wanting to make a cool backdrop for my blocks for a while now, so I figure today is a good day for that!!

So what are your goals for today?

Cheers!
    Rachel

Power Poster
    After church today i plan to finish quilting a baby quilt and then work on my grandsons soccer quilt!have a blessed sunday all!!!
    QUILTNMO

I have church, then my twin nieces Christening, but after that, I'm in! I have an iPhone case and an e-reader cover to start/finish, a rag quilt to finish up and some seam ripping I need to do!

Checking in!! I got my boards painted for my backdrop already. I wanted to make sure it was painted before I started the day so it will hopefully be dry by the time I am ready to take pictures. They are now outside drying. I am taking a little break, then I will get started with the blocks!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

Wow athenagwis!! I just woke up! making coffee and then cutting out my grandaughters quilt..Hoping to get it cut and the top pieced today. I also have my scrappy quilt in the frame, and also want to get some quilting done on that. Will check back soon!! Happy sewing everyone!!

Okay, I am in You go, athenagwis, and I thought I was up early at 7am on a Sunday morning! I am planning on sewing a fleece blanket for my DD.....I know not quilt related but I promised I would work on it today. I also want to start on a Halloween themed quilt. I bought the Moda Monster bash jelly roll and want to try the 3 Dudes quilt pattern from Missouri Quilt company. Will check in around noon

After church and lunch, I'd like to get a baby quilt pin-basted and start on the FMQing.

Blog Entries
    Well, I'm awake, full of coffee...

I wish that was all I had to do today!

I do need to go to the grocery store (I guess these pets need to eat!) and do another load of laundry (or two).

I think that's all the "chores" that I have to do. I actually cleaned the bathroom this morning... that was on my to-do list too.

I should be ready to quilt about an hour after my husband goes to work (not sure of his schedule today... I think he logs in at 10). I got a lot of quilting done yesterday, so I think I can finish quilting that one today and might start binding it and binding a small quilt that has been sitting, waiting patiently on it's binding. I'm actually cheating and just using the backing fabric, so I guess I'm halfway done with the binding?! hahaha
    You can have any design you want. As long as it's loops!

I'm still drinking the coffee, but on the plus side. I finished reading the paper,and the dog has been walked. I plan on having a date with the seam ripper, and maybe the scalpel. I started doing a QAYG on a four of the same quilts project, and decided I didn't like the way it was turning out on the first one(mine). I want to try a different method to see if it looks better. I'm having a positive attitude to start. Hopefully I will remain in this frame of mind.
    To all my Christian friends. Have a blessed day. To my Jewish friends. Pray for forgiveness, as Yom Kippur is on Wednesday.

Blog Entries
    I am in my studio and this is my log cabin I am FMQing today. I hope to get this baby done.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Happy Quilting.

I'm so happy it's finally here!. I'm working on a quilt, and hope to get most of the rows sewn today. In addition, I'm 3 months behind on a paper-pieced block of the month. I have no expectations that I can catch up completely, but I'd at least like to get 1 month done. That should be enough to keep me busy and prevent me from starting the new quilt I'm sitting here looking at, in front of my computer First things first, I need to finish something.

If I get tired of being in my sewing room, I'll assemble a backing and load a quilt on my long arm.

Here's the in-progress quilt I'm assembling.
    Name:  P9200324.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  56.5 KB

Wow, I just got up. It is 5:45am here on the west coast. After I wake up, have coffee, feed the dogs and get dressed, I am going to work on a Cindy Carter One Day Mystery that is going on today. Between clues I will be working on my B&W dresden. Good luck everyone.

Wish I could join you, but I am working today and will be bushed by the time I get home tonight.

Happy sewing day everyone!
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

I hope to finnish putting together three more Ohio Star blocks for a side swap and then cut three more and hopefully put those together. I need to update my boomerang list and take pictures of blocks. Package atleast 3 blocks and get them ready to send. One of my little guys will have his family birthday party today after church and some of my married children will also come for lunch.
    Anna Quilts

Kristakz, can you posibbly post a close up pic of one of your blocks. They look very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
    I'm so happy it's finally here!. I'm working on a quilt, and hope to get most of the rows sewn today. In addition, I'm 3 months behind on a paper-pieced block of the month. I have no expectations that I can catch up completely, but I'd at least like to get 1 month done. That should be enough to keep me busy and prevent me from starting the new quilt I'm sitting here looking at, in front of my computer First things first, I need to finish something.

If I get tired of being in my sewing room, I'll assemble a backing and load a quilt on my long arm.

Here's the in-progress quilt I'm assembling.
    Name:  P9200324.jpg
Size:  56.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Love the colors!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdaniel023 View Post
    I am in my studio and this is my log cabin I am FMQing today. I hope to get this baby done.

Pieces are cut!! Luckily she asked for a very simple design..Kitty blocks surrounded by squares of the other 2 fabrics..This should be no problem to sew together today!!Name:  kitty cut.jpg
Size:  93.1 KB

Blog Entries
    I have been debating, but saw this post and said....Why Not...I need to resew my train quilt..I was so made at my self last week when I sew one of the rows backwards and noticed once top was done...then I noticed my applique was coming off. 1. disappointed that the 506 spray did not hold it down..2. my stitches were not far enough in and 3. I forgot to change my needle from jean to regular red needle...it really made me not want to sew for a bit...but now to get at it again. I will finish the rows and then begin a christmas rag quilt for fun.

Hoping to work on my RR quilt and possibly finish clues 2 and 3 on my knit-a-long on Ravelry. I really would like to work on my Alzheimers quilt. But I think the Christmas presents will win out before I start that. Of course, all this is dependent on what the hubby has planned. Oh, and also how good the puppies are.

Just enjoying 1st coffee at 6:30 here & will work on quilting a scrappy heart quilt today. I only have a picture of the 1 block but have 9 together in the top. I didn't have a pattern but someone had posted their block awhile back & I really liked it. They are all 2" scrap squares. Name:  Scrappy Hearts001_edited (Small).JPG
Views: 426
Size:  62.6 KB Look forward to seeing what others are working on throughout the day!

Had my first cup of coffee, getting ready for church but when I return I will be finishing hand sewing the binding on a quilt I am taking to my daughter next week in Erie, PA. I will post a pic after church....I love virtual sewing. It gets me motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
    Kristakz, can you posibbly post a close up pic of one of your blocks. They look very interesting.
    You bet. Each triangle is made of a colour (cut from a 4.5" strip) plus a 1" cut border piece.

Name:  P9180324_oneblock.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  125.4 KB

I'm back from early church and checking in. When today's date was announced, I thought I'd do the third week of the Jelly Roll Quilt Along today; but when the instructions arrived Friday, I couldn't wait. With that completed, I thought I'd make my September applique block for Merry, Merry Snowmen today. I started getting things together for it yesterday and by 11:00 last night that was completed. Before church, I pressed the block and joined it to several others and started my project for today. My goal now is to make the September applique block for an Autumn BOM that I am doing. I started tracing the pieces and was able to get all but 10 traced before leaving. I want to get the remaining pieces cut out before having to leave to go exercise. Once exercise is over, I can spend the remainder of the day at the virtual retreat. I'd love to complete the block today but that may be too large a goal. I so enjoy seeing what all of you are doing!

Thimblebug!! What an adorable block!! Would love to see it all done!! 10 of my 20 blocks done..Love the grandkids that choose very simple designs!! May even have time to go buy the back and batting and get it sandwiched today if I keep up at the pace I am now!! Or start on some Christmas gifts...just not sure what to make ...Married kids may get table runners with matching hot pads..anyone have a simple quick pattern idea??

Ditto to Pat625's comment on the darling heart block!! I'm presenting a program to our club on scrap blocks in two weeks -- do you mind if I use your idea, Thimblebug? Today I am finishing sashing on a BOM I'm working on and hopefully sewing it all together, Have the first border here, but have to go back to the store for the second and third. I think I know what I want, but waiting till it is in one piece to make sure. Have a great day, everyone.

Linda in Missouri

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast