Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 9/23!!

I wish I could join you all but I have homework out the wazoo to catch up. I'll check back later to see what's going on. Ya'll have a great day!

Thimblebug, love your heart. Kristakz, thanks for posting your block. Is that like a OBW? I finished my first clue for my mystery. 32 HST in 2 different sizes. Don't know how many clues or when they will be coming so I decided not to work on B&W quilt because I didn't want to have to change thread all the time so I am going to work on trimming some HST that I have made for another quilt and enlarging some house blocks that I had for another quilt but are using in a different quilt instead. Hope that made sense.

Morning everyone, it's actually 4.10pm here. These are the things I plan to do today, its actually quite long but I really need to get busy to finish up some WIPs that have been hanging around for too long.

1. Finish applique on 16 blocks - done
    2. piece 8 block column x 2 - done
    3. join six columns together - done
    4. cut out first border
    5. join first border
    6. cut out second border
    7. join second border

This is a twin quilt and I am making two I have already pieced the blocks for the second quilt and so need to cut out the applique pieces and applique the 48 blocks . I am planning on cutting out the applique pieces and sewing on labels to two finished quilts whilst watching Downton Abbey tonight.

As you can see have already done a lot, been out for lunch with hubby and called in to see a friend's new gd. Having a cup of tea and posting now. I always have trouble with pictures so once I have borders done will have a go to see if I can post the quilt top.

Lovely work everyone, I have just completed a scrappy heart block for my sampler, they are so cute.

Canny

Quote Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
    Wow athenagwis!! I just woke up! making coffee and then cutting out my grandaughters quilt..Hoping to get it cut and the top pieced today. I also have my scrappy quilt in the frame, and also want to get some quilting done on that. Will check back soon!! Happy sewing everyone!!
    Quote Originally Posted by germanquilter View Post
    Okay, I am in You go, athenagwis, and I thought I was up early at 7am on a Sunday morning! I am planning on sewing a fleece blanket for my DD.....I know not quilt related but I promised I would work on it today. I also want to start on a Halloween themed quilt. I bought the Moda Monster bash jelly roll and want to try the 3 Dudes quilt pattern from Missouri Quilt company. Will check in around noon
    I work at 5 AM everyday, so a good side effect of that is that I wake up early on the weekends too!! Here is a pic of one of my blocks, this isn't a new one I made today, but it shows the backdrop i painted.

Cheers!
    Rachel

Anthenagwis, that block is totally cute.

Thanks for the nice comments on my heart block, as I mentioned it's not my original idea. Went back & found the original posting where I got my inspiration. http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ts-t70299.html

Blog Entries
    Welll finished sewing my train rows together...I hung it up (it still needs a border) and started cutting up my flannel rag christmas blocks. Oh...how I wish I would have bought more (I must have been thinking pillows when I bought the fat qtrs last year)....that is ok...I will find some other flannel in my stash to match. I may go back to my train quilt and put the borders on. Thinking I sorta like doing two quilts at once.
    Last edited by carolaug; 09-23-2012 at 07:31 AM.

Still procrastinating, but I've cleaned the bathroom and laundry is in the dryer. The stop border is sewn on, and I've sewn my guideline for attaching the 4" border. Just trying to figure out where to put my joins - at the 2/3 marks or directly above a frame edge.
    Name:  Borders 002.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  44.6 KB
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

YEAH!! quilt top pieced..now to cut the border and attach..Then at a standstill on this project until I get the backing and batting.....Then to decide what to do next...Christmas and teacher bow tucks, find a pattern for table runners, or work on some potholders...Or I can continue on the hand quilting on my scrappy quilt (although that is usually an evening job while I watch TV)) HHMMMM..

Quote Originally Posted by ArtsyOne View Post
    Still procrastinating, but I've cleaned the bathroom and laundry is in the dryer. The stop border is sewn on, and I've sewn my guideline for attaching the 4" border. Just trying to figure out where to put my joins - at the 2/3 marks or directly above a frame edge.
    Name:  Borders 002.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  44.6 KB
    LOVE the fabrics and the way you put them together!!

Asheville, Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    Just about to hop in. Rachel, since I don't work at all anymore, I get up late everyday. Did clean the entire house yesterday, so I could be free today. Just about to go pick up my Sept PP block of the month, then my list is:

Make Sept BOM (unless this is another 18 unit 18"x 36" block)
    Do my Sept swap block--really pushing this one, but at least the fabric and pattern are picked out.
    Finish Des' train quilt top--Christmas present.
    Get two castles done for Ina's castles quilt--Christmas present.
    Do at least two units of the "quilt from hell" dizzy geese quilt.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I'm in!

Taking apart the first two quadrants of these African lapas fabric quilts I'm making on commission because I learned as I went and don't like how the first parts went together. I've made 8 quadrants -- yeah, I know -- but the quilt is double-sided so there will be four per side.

After I've reverse sewn these two, I will lay them out and sew the strips together again. These are all on the bias and it takes time to lay them out and get them to fit the size I need. May be all I get done today! If I'm truly inspired by the virtual day, I'll start to layer and baste the quadrants for QAYG.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Just checking in again. I have 2 blocks completed and I am waiting for the sun to move in the right spot so I can take pictures!! I will post them once I can taken em. I hope everyone else is working hard!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

Blog Entries
    Good morning everyone, I am just getting going! Would love to join you, but have quite a few things on my to do list. Maybe I will get to join you later when hubby is watching football. I am trying to get a quilt to together.
    I love seeing what everyone is working on.
    fatquarters

Wow - you're all on top of things - I slept in late this morning, and hope to get some sewing done this afternoon. I have a table runner to sew, that should be pretty quick and I have a baby quilt to finish. After that, I think I'm going to be cutting some scraps for a couple swaps.

I started off the morning discovering my "design wall" came down last night, taking my "one block wonder" quilt-in-progress down with it. Now I'm missing blocks and VERY frustrated! (pics of that one from yesterday are over in the pictures forum, but now it's a big mess, argh!)

So aside from getting over that, I plan to shop for coordinating fabrics for that same quilt's borders; I also want to work on the borders for my DH's purple & black bargello (the body of which is done), and start cutting out blocks for my nephew's quilt (which will be skulls, flames, and dragons).

But first, breakfast is calling and the cats are whining for THEIR breakfast. I suppose I'll feed them, even though I'm pretty sure one of them tried to climb my design wall and caused my first-thing-in-the-morning temper tantrum!

Top done as far as I can take it..Picture not so good..widh my phone took better picks!! Now what to do??? quilt on scrappy or look for table runner pattern?? Think I will be looking!Name:  kitty top.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  92.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
    I started off the morning discovering my "design wall" came down last night, taking my "one block wonder" quilt-in-progress down with it. Now I'm missing blocks and VERY frustrated! (pics of that one from yesterday are over in the pictures forum, but now it's a big mess, argh!)
    I had this same thing happen to me!! Not funny for you, but funny that the exact same thing happened!! Hopefully you can do better than me though, my wall never went back up and my one block wonder quilt is still a jumbled mess in a large ziploc baggie somewhere. And that happened over a year ago!!

Rachel

I have several bindings to do today and I hope I can get them all finished. I have to take a break this afternoon for the Broncos game, so I need to get to work!
    I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business. - Michael J. Fox

Red face Virtual Quilt Day

Howdy from a newbie!!! This is my 1st VQD here on QB. But my goals are simple for today as I stayed up well past 3 this morning. I was hand stitching the second crow down last night and was determined to finish that before I would concede to going to bed. I used a two stranded of black floss & blanket stitched around it. I gave it a quick pressing this am but still thinks it needs something to anchor it down. This will be a pillow for my son to go with a quilt that I'm making him for Christmas. These are also my 1st set of pictures here. For the most part they are going to be sneak peeks as I plan to use these as part of my blog hop enteries for next month. I'm in two different ones and these are the 1st ones I'm doing as a Participate.

Name:  Cookies, Mini Quilts & Ravens 006.JPG
Views: 230
Size:  82.0 KB Name:  Cookies, Mini Quilts & Ravens 008.JPG
Views: 229
Size:  84.8 KB

This one below is a hint of one I making for my small quilts group and will most likely be my give away on for my Oct. 4th Blog Hop day. Oh crud lopped a corner.... oh well it will add to it's charm ... . This one needs the 3 B's done to it.

Name:  Cookies, Mini Quilts & Ravens 004.JPG
Views: 228
Size:  84.1 KB

This one also uses a monthly pattern from my small quilt group and again destined to be a give away for my Oct. 25th Blog Hop day. It came out a bit bigger than what was said, but oh well. . This one was made all small Bits & Scraps let over from the other scraps that I used on the quilt blocks below. This also just needs the 3B's done to it.

Name:  tulips & Oct. sneak peeks 004.JPG
Views: 240
Size:  90.8 KB

This shows the 3 types of blocks that was made for this pattern. There are 49 of these littles buggers and today's goal is to get them into pretty rows. This is the quilt for my son for Christmas.

Name:  tulips & Oct. sneak peeks 005.JPG
Views: 235
Size:  96.1 KB

So to clear it up the goals are as follows:

Layout & Row sew the 49 blocks for son's quilt.
    Sew Rows into Top. Maybe think about border.
    Sandwich the 2 Mini tops.
    Figure out anchor on Crow pillow.
    If time border & sandwich Son's quilt .... place in frame for hand tieing.
    Continue to work on Friends' baby quilt, hand quilt another 6" of waves in the border.

Well it seems really lofty, but I have nothing else to do anyways.

Tricia
    http://tricia-ramblingsofaquilter.blogspot.com/
    Currently working on a "Flat Curtis" Quilt with boy child .

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Got one quadrant unstitched....what a -itch!! hard to reverse sew on some of those 'slimy' fabrics.

Now time for some lunch....maybe that's another reason I'm feeling cross!
    What are you having? Mine will be a roast beef sandwich and some creamy 'mato soup.

Share your mid-day eats! It's the thing quilters do next best to quilting !

Jan in VA (now covered in tiny ships of thread)
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Quote Originally Posted by athenagwis View Post
    I had this same thing happen to me!! Not funny for you, but funny that the exact same thing happened!! Hopefully you can do better than me though, my wall never went back up and my one block wonder quilt is still a jumbled mess in a large ziploc baggie somewhere. And that happened over a year ago!!

Rachel
    Well at least I'm not the only one!! My husband doesn't want me putting holes in the wall to make the design wall more permanent but I think that's just too darn bad. I need to anchor it better than just with yards of blue tape! Holes are easy to fill & patch, anyway.

This quilt is destined to be a Christmas present so I HAVE to "get over it" and get back to work on it, hopefully today. I couldn't even scream and stomp around when I found it though, my DH was still sleeping! LOL

I'm less frustrated now. Going to go do a little "shopping therapy" and pick it back up later this afternoon when I can look at it without wanting to bang my head against the wall!

Blog Entries
    Loving all of your projects. Took a short break and now back at it. See ya later.
    Happy Quilting.

I managed to get lots of row put together this morning. Had to head out for an appointment, and now I'm taking a break for lunch. PokerDiva - I guess it is basically like a One Block Wonder. But no need to match designs on the fabric It came out of a book "Modern Patchwork"

Just remembered that my fabric for my PP project is soaking. I'd better run and get that out of the water and into the dryer.

Name:  P9230325.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  126.1 KB

Finally checking in...got distracted with making breakfast for DD, baking an apple cake with caramel glaze and talking to my mom in Germany I did get back on track and finished DD's fleece blanket. Now some lunch and I am on to starting the Halloween quilt!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast